Gordon Campbell | Parliament TV | Parliament Today | News Video | Crime | Employers | Housing | Immigration | Legal | Local Govt. | Maori | Welfare | Unions | Youth | Search

 

National Front Cannot Deny Nazi Links Anymore

PRESS RELEASE
17/4/2005

For immediate release.

Anti-racist activists say that a concert in Wellington on Saturday night, dubbed a "white power" event by its organisers, dismisses claims by the National Front that they are merely patriotic, and not fascist. The concert was organised under the mantle of "Blood and Honour", an international nazi skinhead organisation that started in the United Kingdom. The Wellington-based Blood and Honour organisers of the concert have been involved in a number of National Front demonstrations in Wellington over the past year.

Information about the concert was leaked from a members-only internet forum, where National Front members from around New Zealand expressed interest in attending. The information was passed on to local affiliates of an anti-racist group called "Fight Dem Back", which is based in Australia. The concert featured an Australian Blood and Honour band called "Death's Head". The name "Blood and Honour" comes from a slogan engraved onto knives made for Hitler Youth members under the Nazi dictatorship.

Group spokesman Robert Trigan said "The National Front has repeatedly denied it is racist or nazi, but a number of photographs were leaked from a National Front members-only forum last year showing otherwise. The photographs show people, many of them National Front leaders and members, wearing t-shirts with nazi logos, performing nazi salutes or posing with nazi flags".

Mr. Trigan also expressed concern that National Front Director Kyle Chapman, has issued a press release claiming his group is moving closer to 'civil war'. The press release was posted on a 'white nationalist' internet forum, and Chapman also added comments saying "Why not go to South Africa and Rodesia. Train while you help our people out there. Training with live targets is the best training you can hope for. Our Contacts in South Africa will still help us if we go there."

Mr Trigan concluded: "How can the National Front continue to claim that it is misrepresented in the media when its very leadership advocate using 'live targets'. Besides, several NF leaders have convictions for racially-motivated arson, racially motivated vandalism and theft of explosives".

[Press release ends]

Issued by anti-racist activists affiliated to Australian group "Fight Dem Back". The name "Fight Dem Back" comes from the title of a song by UK dub reggae poet Linton Kwesi Johnson.

ENDS


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

Crowdsale And Crowdfunding Campaign: Help Create The Future Of Independent News

Two weeks to go! The Scoop 3.0 plan aims to create NZ’s first community-owned, distributed news and media intelligence ecosystem in 2019. We believe this ScoopPro media monetisation approach can be scaled and spread globally to support local and independent news efforts in regional New Zealand and around the world.

Scoop is an ecosystem, it would not exist without those who contribute to it, read it and rely on it for professional media purposes. Generous past support from this ecosystem has enabled us to come this far in developing our business model. Support our PledgeMe Campaign>>

 

14/11: Two Years’ Progress Since The Kaikoura Earthquake

Mayor John Leggett said it was a day for reflection, but also a time to recognise the work by many people to support progress towards recovery made across Marlborough since November 2016. More>>

ALSO:

Pike River: Mine Drift Re-Entry Plan To Proceed

“I’ve decided the Te Kāhui Whakamana Rua Tekau Mā Iwa - Pike River Recovery Agency, recommended course of action to enter the drift, using the existing access tunnel, is by far the safest option,” said Andrew Little. More>>

ALSO:

Appointments: New High Commissioner To Australia Announced

“Dame Annette King needs no introduction given her long running career as a parliamentarian where she has previously held a number senior Cabinet portfolios, including Justice, Police and Health. She also was Parliament’s longest serving female MP with 30 years’ service,” said Mr Peters. More>>

ALSO:

Two Years Since Kaikoura: Silvia Cartwright To Lead Inquiry Into EQC

“The inquiry will be the first of its kind under the Public Inquiries Act 2013 and will have all the powers of a Royal Commission, be independent of Government and make its report directly to the Governor-General. More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell: On The Royal Commission Into Child Abuse

Obviously, it is good news that the coalition government has broadened the scope of its Royal Commission into the abuse of children, beyond its previous focus on children in state care. More>>

ALSO:

Cases Delayed: Court Staff Refuse To Handle Sentencing Papers

Dozens of court cases have reportedly been delayed, as court staff escalate industrial action at two Auckland courts by enforcing a ban on handling sentencing papers. More>>

ALSO:

Education: Primary Teachers Rolling Strikes

RNZ Report: More than 100,000 primary school students in Auckland will be home from school today as teachers and principals walk off the job for the second time this year. It's the start of a week of rolling one-day strikes around the country, after the collapse of contract negotiations last Thursday. More>>

ALSO:

"Process Was Sound": Inquiry Into Haumaha Appointment Released

The Inquiry’s purpose was to examine, identify, and report on the adequacy of the process that led to the appointment. It found the process was sound and no available relevant information was omitted. More>>

ALSO:

 
 
 
 
 

LATEST HEADLINES

  • PARLIAMENT
  • POLITICS
  • REGIONAL
 
 

InfoPages News Channels