Wellington Palesting Grp. Resolution On Lebanon
WELLINGTON PALESTINE GROUP
P.O.Box 642, Wellington
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
A public meeting in protest at Israel’s ongoing atrocities in Lebanon and Gaza was held in Wellington last night. The meeting, organised by the Wellington Palestine Group, unanimously passed the following resolutions.
The meeting calls upon:
1. Israel to cease its attacks on Lebanon and Gaza immediately and withdraw its land, sea and air forces.
2. Israel to abide by the ruling of the International Court of Justice and dismantle the separation wall it is building within the West Bank.
3. Israel to end the occupation of territories it captured in 1967, and subsequent wars, to facilitate the establishment of a viable and independent Palestinian state.
4. Israel to fulfil its international law obligations regarding the return of Palestinian refuges to their homeland.
5. The New Zealand government to immediately demand that Israel cease hostilities against Lebanon and Gaza.
6. The New Zealand government to not allow Israel to reopen its embassy in New Zealand until such time as Israel has ceased hostilities, demolished the separation wall, withdrawn from occupied territory and fulfilled its international law obligations on Palestinian refugees.
7. The New Zealand Government to refrain from sending New Zealand troops into Southern Lebanon as part of any possible deployment of an International Force.
The meeting called on the New Zealand Labour Government to endorse these resolutions and make an unequivocal stand against Israel’s continuing military bombardment and targeting of civilian populations in Lebanon and Gaza.