Destiny Church Statement - Manukau Mayor Len Brown
Destiny Church Statement On Manukau Mayor Len Brown
As a result of misinformation currently circulating in the media, the management of Destiny Church states the following:
1. The church is deeply saddened by the tragic turn of events involving Mayor Len Brown and his family and is praying for his full recovery.
2. Destiny Church did not have any members attending the NZ Pacific Awards in an official capacity although it did have church members involved in performances during the program.
3. Having made enquiries today, management has absolutely no knowledge of an alleged incident said to involve a church member demanding footage from film crews at the event. There appears to be no truth to this allegation.
4. The organisers of the Pacific Music Awards have denied Destiny Church members seized television footage in an NZ Herald report today.
5. Destiny Church will be seeking more information from TVNZ, which appears to be the unsubstantiated source of the allegation in a Newstalk ZB interview today.
6. The church is very upset to have become a focus of this tragedy and hopes the media and general public will turn their concerns and prayers towards Mayor Brown and his whanau.