How to keep safe on the roads this Labour weekend
23 October 2008
How to keep safe on the roads this Labour Day weekend
The AA is asking all motorists to prepare and take care to keep safe on the roads this weekend.
Prepare before you drive
* Check your tyre pressures
* Adjust your mirrors
* Fill up your windscreen washer container
* Get a good nights sleep so you don't drive tired
* Plan your trip and schedule plenty of breaks with at least one every 1.5 hours.
Take extra care driving
* Turn on your headlights on dip to be seen
* Turn off your phone
* Keep your speeds down
* Allow plenty of following distance between your car and the car in front of you (use the two second rule)
* Be patient when overtaking and if possible wait for a passing lane
* If you are towing or travelling slowly pull over regularly to allow other traffic to pass.
The AA wishes all motorists an enjoyable weekend and a safe journey on the roads.