The latest news from Asia:NZ
IN THIS ISSUE 7 November 2012
• Executive director's update
• A Gangnam Style quiz
• Study in Singapore - all expenses paid
• Grants for arts and culture projects
• Asia internships for young journalists
• Other opportunities for students and recent grads
month, our acting executive director Adele Mason takes a
look at the recently released Australia in the Asian
Century white paper, and covers off the foundation's
latest activities, including the Diwali celebrations in
Auckland and Wellington.
This will be Ms Mason's last update, with John McKinnon stepping into the role of executive director early next month.
With all the
attention on K-pop artist Psy and his break-out hit
Gangnam Style, we thought it only appropriate to make
this month's quiz about South Korea.
You may be able to dance like Psy, but what do you know about his home country?
Alert all graduating high school students that
you know - we're now taking applications for our Singapore
This is an amazing opportunity for a young New Zealander to earn an undergraduate degree at one of Asia's top universities - all expenses paid.
Applications close Friday 1 December.
Working on a project that will help educate
Kiwis about Asian arts or culture?
Our arts grants help support such projects, and are open to New Zealand-based arts professionals, arts and cultural institutions, councils and festival and event organisers.
Applications close Friday 30 November.
We're offering New Zealand journalism
graduates and newly qualified journalists the opportunity to
take up internships at
• The Philippine Star in Manila
• International Herald Tribune in Hong Kong
• CNBC Asia in Singapore.
Applications close on Monday 26 November.
Other opportunities for students and recent grads
We've got a range of
funding opportunities for young New Zealanders that are
closing this month including:
• Kiwi Asian Journalism Scholarship - for Asian New Zealanders wanting to study journalism
• Taiwan internship for commerce grads with Mandarin skills
• David Holborow Award - for undergraduate students with Korean ancestry, or who are descended from Korean War veterans.
Website: www.asianz.org.nz | © Asia New Zealand Foundation