Campaign for Marriage Equality Releases New Video
Campaign for Marriage Equality Celebrates Release
of New Video
TAMATI COFFEY, ANIKA MOA, DAME CATH TIZARD, RACHEL HUNTER, NIGEL LATTA AND OTHER KIWI PERSONALITIES JOIN THE CAMPAIGN
It’s about love.
That’s the message from a large group of prominent New Zealanders who feature in a new video in support of the Campaign for Marriage Equality.
New Zealand’s Got Talent host Tamati Coffey led the video initiative, which also stars household names such as Alison Mau, Rachel Hunter, Anika Moa, Dame Cath Tizard, Oliver Driver, Nigel Latta, Orene Ai’i and Danyon Loader.
Coffey says he was
overwhelmed at how many well-known faces were keen to
support the campaign. “Many New Zealanders have come out
in support of Marriage Equality and it’s time for those of
us in the public eye to stand up and be counted too,” he
says. “It’s been a big team effort, all for love and
The video, directed by Scott Spicer and produced by Sage Haggart, is intended as a call to action New Zealanders at home and overseas to support the Campaign for Marriage Equality and to share the video far and wide.
The video can be viewed at www.marriageequality.co.nz
THE ONLINE VIDEO FEATURES:
Tamati Coffey (TV Presenter)
and his partner Tim Smith
• Anika Moa, Hollie Smith, Boh Runga (Musicians)
• Rachel Hunter (NZ’s Got Talent Judge/Supermodel)
• Brooke Howard Smith (TV Presenter) his partner Amber Peebles (Radio DJ)
• Nigel Latta (Psychologist)
• Danyon Loader (Olympian)
• Jason Kerrison (Musician)
• Jason Fa’afoi (TV Presenter) and his partner Anna and their son Charlie
• Pearl McGlashan (Actress)
• Ali Campbell (Musician)
• Alison Mau (TV Presenter)
• Orene Ai’i (Rugby Player)
• Dame Cath Tizard (Former Governor General)
• Mike King (Talkback host/Comedian)
• Oliver Driver (Actor/Presenter)
• Richie Hardcore (DJ)
• Turumakina Duley (Tattoo Artist)
• Amy Usherwood (Actress)
• Nick Dwyer (Radio DJ)
The Government Administration Select Committee is now hearing submissions on the Marriage (Definition of Marriage Amendment) Bill.
The Campaign for Marriage Equality is a unified coalition of supporters, campaigners, groups and organisations that are working to support marriage equality in New Zealand and to support the marriage equality bill. More information on can be found at http://www.marriageequality.co.nz/who-we-are.html