Gordon Campbell | Parliament TV | Parliament Today | News Video | Crime | Employers | Housing | Immigration | Legal | Local Govt. | Maori | Welfare | Unions | Youth | Search

 


Former Afghan Interpreters seek asylum in NZ

We are the five former NZDF interpreters who are excluded from the NZ resettlement packages. We continuously contacted NZ officials and asking them for the resettlement offer in New Zealand.

Recently we sent an official letter to Prime Minister, NZ Cabinet and MPs to reconsider our cases, but it seems that we have been completely ignored, although we have all records of our services and threat letters which have been written by NZPRT officials and stating that our lives are at risk.

We have served alongside NZDF troops in Bamiyan over the past 6-7 years as interprets/ translators and cultural advisors. We do not understand that what distinct us from those who were offered packages to resettle in NZ, as we are faced the same threat as they do.

The situation throughout the county has been deteriorating and those who were or are affiliated to Coalition forces or ISAF are being tracked and killed.

Most countries have offered asylum to their Afghan employees regardless of current or former employee as they realize that once the troops leave Afghanistan their employee’s will face a serious threat.

On October 2012 Defense Minister Mr. Coleman announced that NO AFGHAN INTERPRETERS WILL BE LEFT BEHIND, but unfortunately we Five former interpreters have been missed out of the offer and our services, loyalty, honesty, dedication to NZ government is completely ignored and no one even listens to our concerns, which make us to deeply regret serving the NZ Government.

Herby, we are sending this message to NZ Media to share our concerns with NZ civil society and the public to support our claim which is based on fact, attached file is the letter that we shared with NZ Officials.

NOTE: we have all our documents including threat letters to further prove our claims upon request.


ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

False Electoral Return: John Banks Sentenced To Community Work, Curfew

“The conviction of John Banks today is another sad chapter for John Banks and the ACT Party”, says Labour candidate for Epsom Michael Wood.

“Mr Banks was found guilty of electoral fraud in June. Regardless of what sentence is handed down, his reputation is in tatters. Sentencing is a matter for the court, and publicly deriding him further brings little benefit.”

“With the conviction confirmed, it is time for the ACT Party to step up to the mark and apologise to the people of Epsom. Mr Banks has suffered the consequences of his actions, but so far the ACT Party has gotten off scott-free” More>>

 

Parliament Today:

Gordon Campbell: On The Rise Of ISIS And Labour

While global attention got distracted by the fate of MH17 and the atrocities in Gaza, the world’s other mega ‘bad news’ story – the rise of ISIS-led fundamentalism in Iraq – has reached a tipping point. More>>

ALSO:

Rebuild: Christchurch City Council Releases Milestone Report

The Cameron Partners report says the Council may need to find an additional $783 million to $883 million by 2019... Options Cameron Partners proposed include increasing rates, borrowing more, maximising insurance payments, and freeing up capital from its commercial assets. More>>

ALSO:

Parliament Today: Parliament Adjourns

The 50th Parliament has adjourned for the final time. After the completion of the adjournment debate, MPs left for the campaign trail with Parliament to be dissolved on August 14 ahead of the September 20 election. More>>

ALSO:

Novopayout: Government-Owned Company To Take Over School Payroll

After lengthy negotiations, the Ministry of Education and the existing school payroll provider, Talent2, have settled both on the amounts payable by Talent2 towards the costs of remediating the Novopay service and a new operating model for the school payroll system. More>>

ALSO:

Employment: Labour Will Raise Minimum Wage, Restore Work Rights

A Labour government will raise the minimum wage $2 an hour to $16.25 and restore work rights to ensure the benefits of economic growth are shared fairly by all New Zealanders, Labour Leader David Cunliffe says. More>>

ALSO:

Police: Crewe File Review Released

No new evidence has come to light implicating any specific person as being responsible for the murders of Jeannette and Harvey Crewe... The review identifies there is a distinct possibility that Exhibit 350 (the brass .22 cartridge case) may be fabricated evidence, and that if this is the case, that a member of Police would have been responsible. More>>

ALSO:

Werewolf Issue #49: Gordon Campbell Interviews Laila Harre

For 25 years, Labour and National have been in virtual agreement about the basics of economic policy, and differed mainly on how to go about managing its social consequences. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 

LATEST HEADLINES

 
 
 
 
 
 
Politics
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news