Info Release: Advice on LVR restrictions
Information Release: Advice on loan-to-value ratio (LVR) restrictions
The Reserve Bank has released information relating to loan-to-value ratio (LVR) restrictions, in response to multiple requests for information under the Official Information Act 1982 (the Act). Some information has been withheld from these documents. Where this has occurred, the specific section of the Act permitting the Reserve Bank to withhold information is noted in the document. Information has been withheld under the following provisions of the Act:
• Section 9(2)(a) - to protect privacy
• Section 9(2)(d) - to avoid prejudice to the substantial economic interests of New Zealand
• Section 9(2)(g)(i) - to maintain the effective conduct of public affairs through the free and frank expression of opinions
• Section 9(2)(h) - to maintain professional legal privilege.
• Section 18(c)(i) – release would contravene provisions of other legislation, specifically section 105 of the Reserve Bank of New Zealand Act 1987.
Other relevant information, including joint papers prepared by the Reserve Bank and Treasury for the Minister of Finance and Cabinet, have been released by the Treasury and are available on http://www.treasury.govt.nz/publications/informationreleases/financialsector/lvr