Luigi Wegege - Version of Events
In the past weeks many questions about me, my career and my behaviour have been raised by the media. I feel that many have taken the opportunity to change events to suit their version and I wish to take this opportunity to clarify my position around the incidents in discussion:
1. On the campaign trail I ran into Bevan Chuang at a mayoral interview for John Palino at WTV mid-year. I had not seen her for quite some time due to the advisory committee we served on had completed its mandate. Due to the nature of the election cycle we saw each other several times at various events after WTV.
2. During this time Bevan Chuang told me out of her own free will that she had been propositioned by Mayor Len Brown. I did not know her motives for this revelation at the time. I did not believe her story and therefore I asked her to provide proof.
3. I passed this information on to whom I believed to be appropriate at the time.
4. I did not know the extent of the allegations against Mayor Len Brown by Bevan Chuang until after the story broke on the blog of Cameron Slater.
5. I did not send any photos to Stephen Cook to coerce any story from Bevan Chuang nor did I know of any claimed X-Rated venture.
6. I can appreciate Bevan Chuang trying to rehabilitate her image however I was never in a relationship with her.
I apologize for what some have viewed as an inappropriate lapse of time for a response. I did not see an immediate need to discuss claims made by the media after the story went public as it was post-election and I was already transitioning into the next phase of my career.
As for the personal attacks on my character I work hard on causes that I truly believe in, like any other political volunteer on a campaign and I stand by my decision to pass on information of what became known as Mayor Len Brown’s 2 year affair.
Further as to the attacks on the organizations and companies I have been involved with I am absolutely appalled by the lack of fact reported.
Lastly I want to thank my family and friends for their support during this time and I would like to ask the media to respect my privacy and allow me to rebuild my life as I take some time off.