Gordon Campbell | Parliament TV | Parliament Today | News Video | Crime | Employers | Housing | Immigration | Legal | Local Govt. | Maori | Welfare | Unions | Youth | Search

 


Operation Recall - Psychoactive substances

Operation Recall - Psychoactive substances

Thursday, 8 May 2014 - 4:41pm

National News

Police began Operation Recall at 12.01am Thursday with the immediate focus to work with retailers to ensure they have taken appropriate steps to remove all products from sale.

Police and Health Enforcement Officers have been visiting all 148 licensed retailers throughout the day to ensure they are complying with the product recall, including ensuring all remaining stock is removed from shelves and arrangements made for product to be returned to suppliers.

‘This Operation has an immediate focus on retailers and by 4.30pm this afternoon visits to all 143 retailers (97%) had been completed, with no significant issues reported. We will complete visits to the remaining retailers by 6pm this evening ‘said Inspector Rob Duindam of Police National Headquarters.

‘Some hard work by Police and Ministry of Health leading up to today has ensured today’s focus on enforcement and prevention has run smoothly. Our staff report that retailers have been very positive throughout this process ’.

Police and Ministry of Health enforcement officers will continue to monitor the situation and respond as needed to any issues which arise.

Inspector Rob Duindam says ‘There will be ongoing visits to retailers to ensure psychoactive products remain off the shelves. This may include conducting controlled purchase operations to ensure sales are no longer occurring’.

‘It is now an offence to possess, supply or sell psychoactive products. As with all illegal drugs, Police can now investigate and prosecute manufacturers, suppliers and those found in possession of unapproved psychoactive products.

“I encourage anyone with concerns about the illegal sale or distribution of these products to contact the Police.

“Information can also be provided anonymously to the organisation Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111’. said Mr Duindam.

ENDS


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

Gordon Campbell:
On The Kim Regime

During the Cuban Missile Crisis, the US had a very clear objective and eventually offered a quid pro quo of the removal of some of its own missiles from Turkey. This time, there’s no clarity about what the US is seeking, or offering.

It hasn’t helped that the US and the global media consistently agree on calling North Korea and its leadership “crazy” and “irrational” and urging it to “come to its senses”. When you treat your opponent as being beyond reason, it gets hard to comprehend what their strategy is, let alone work out the terms of a viable compromise. More>>

 

Recovery: Economic Impact Of Kaikōura Quake Revealed

The report details the impact on small businesses and tourism caused by disruptions to transport infrastructure and the economic impacts... The impact on New Zealand’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) over the first 18 months following the earthquake has been estimated at $450-$500 million. More>>

ALSO:

Human Rights Commission: Urgent Need For Action On Seclusion And Restraint

Chief Human Rights Commissioner David Rutherford says that while the report makes for sobering reading, the focus should now be on how the recommendations can be used to reduce the occurrence of seclusion and restraint in New Zealand and, in circumstances where it is necessary, to improve practices. More>>

ALSO:

CORRECTIONS (March 2017):

SCHOOL SECLUSION ROOMS (2016):

$11bn Capital Spend, New Debt Target: Steven Joyce On Budget Priorities

First, delivering better public services for a growing country – providing all New Zealanders with the opportunity to lead successful independent lives... And finally, we remain committed to reducing the tax burden and in particular the impact of marginal tax rates on lower and middle income earners, when we have the room to do so. More>>

ALSO:

JustSpeak Report: Bail Changes To Blame For New Billion Dollar Prison

In 2013 criminal justice spending was falling and the Government was mulling over what to spend the money on. 3 years later there are 10,000 people in prison and a new billion dollar prison is announced. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 

LATEST HEADLINES

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Politics
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news