Gordon Campbell | Parliament TV | Parliament Today | News Video | Crime | Employers | Housing | Immigration | Legal | Local Govt. | Maori | Welfare | Unions | Youth | Search

 


Over 9000 Unitary Plan submissions soon to go online

21 May 2014

Over 9000 Unitary Plan submissions soon to go online

The Proposed Auckland Unitary Plan received over 9,000 submissions containing more than 100,000 individual requests for changes, the Unitary Plan Committee heard at yesterday’s meeting.

The submissions and a summary of the decisions requested by submitters will be notified on 11 June and available to search online at aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/unitaryplan

People will then have 30 working days to make a further submission if they are a person with an interest greater than the general public or are persons that represent a matter of public interest.

Some of the more than 9,000 submissions received contain only one page, but others cover many hundreds of complex changes to the proposed plan.

Hard copies of summary of the submissions will be available at most libraries and council offices. Individual submissions can be downloaded from the website after June 11 or will be made available on request.

Online information will be available for searching by submission number, submitter name, street name and address, and by topic such as rezoning, residential zones, heritage, overlays, urban growth, rural zones and transport.

The most frequently addressed topic in submissions is rezoning in the central city and isthmus.

"The summary report is a further step on the Unitary Plan journey and is the largest report of its kind under the Resource Management Act," said committee chair Councillor Alf Filipaina. "Input from the public and from our Local Boards is key to securing a successful outcome for the city's future."

He added: "All submissions and further submissions will be considered by the Independent Hearings Panel which will conduct hearings until July 2016 when it makes its final recommendations to the council."

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

9.30om Sunday: Update On Port Hills Fire

“We’ve got the fire under control, but we’ve yet to get a full stranglehold on it,’’ said Incident Controller Richard McNamara. “There’s still a lot of heat in the fire, and a 30-kilometre perimeter to manage.”

He said there was more heavy machinery work to do on containment lines around the fire perimeter and more retardant drops were needed. “That will give us a secure fence between the fire and residential property,” Mr McNamara said. “We need to finish it off now. Having control lines in place is vital.” More>>

 
 

Welfare: WINZ Breaching Privacy Laws With WINZ Vetting Rules

E tū, the union for security guards, says WINZ may be breaching privacy laws with its new screening process for people visiting WINZ offices. The vetting requires WINZ security guards to check photo ID and whether visitors to WINZ offices have an appointment.More>>

ALSO:

Turnbull Visit: Leaders’ Talks Cement Trade Relations, Science Agreement

Mr English met with Prime Minister Turnbull in Queenstown today to discuss common approaches to bilateral and international issues, including trade and science and innovation. Mr English also thanked Mr Turnbull for Australia’s offer of support for those fighting the fires on the Port Hills in Christchurch. More>>

ALSO:

Youth Guarantee: Upskilling Fund Used For Retraining

News that one in five of the people enrolling in Youth Guarantee already hold qualifications at the level they’re enrolling in highlights the failure of the scheme to reach the disengaged young people it was set up to assist, says Labour’s Education spokesperson Chris Hipkins. More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell: On What Trump May Mean For Us

So far not much effort has been put into tracing the possible implications for New Zealand of the stream of executive orders and tweets that have been pouring from the Oval Office. Unfortunately, we may not simply be drive-by rubberneckers at this car wreck for much longer. More>>

Pike River Select Committee: Solid Energy Chair Talks Resignation Over Re-Entry

Andy Coupe, chair of failed state-owned coal miner Solid Energy, said at a fiery select committee this morning that he would consider resigning if the government orders the company to re-enter the Pike River coal mine. More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell: On Labour’s Candidacy Troubles

So its official. Greg O’Connor will indeed be Labour’s candidate in Ohariu and – as also signaled well in advance – the Greens will not be standing a candidate in the electorate. At this point, you have to question the validity of the Greens’ excuse – “we need to change the government” – for tagging along.... More>>

ALSO:

Post-Shooting Security: Guards Say WINZ Safety Protocols Unsafe

“The safety issue has moved from inside WINZ offices to outside where security guards are isolated in front of locked doors with nowhere to retreat if they need help,” says Len. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 

LATEST HEADLINES

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Politics
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news