Gordon Campbell | Parliament TV | Parliament Today | News Video | Crime | Employers | Housing | Immigration | Legal | Local Govt. | Maori | Welfare | Unions | Youth | Search

 


New Warrant Officer of Air Force Appointed


New Warrant Officer of Air Force Appointed


W/O Harwood is the newly appointed Warrant Officer of the Royal New Zealand Air Force
.


North Shore man, Warrant Officer (W/O) Mark Harwood will assume the role of Warrant Officer of the Royal New Zealand Air Force (WOAF) following Queen's Birthday Weekend.

Formerly from Hawkes Bay, W/O Harwood joined the Air Force in 1975 and was promoted to Warrant Officer in 1998. He has since filled a number of significant roles including; General Service Training School Squadron Warrant Officer, East Timor Detachment Camp Warrant Officer, No. 40 Squadron Warrant Officer, Command Warrant Officer Maintenance Wing and Flight Commander Logistics Manpower and Training Centre.

W/O Harwood is also a Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit in recognition of his role in coordinating No. 40 Squadron’s Sumatra relief effort.

Air Vice-Marshal (AVM) Mike Yardley, Chief of Air Force, said he would like to congratulate W/O Harwood on his new position and looks forward to working with him as a part of the Air Force leadership team.

“W/O Harwood’s personal qualities and experience make him an ideal appointment for this position and I believe he will be a great addition to our senior leadership team,” said AVM Yardley.

He said he is really looking forward to the challenges of his new position, particularly, the upcoming challenges for the RNZAF like the introduction of the new Pilot Training Capability.

“The focus for me is our people, and giving AVM Yardley a feeling of what is happening in the ‘engine room’ by providing strong communication,” he said.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

 

PARLIAMENT TODAY:

Royals: The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall To Visit

Prime Minister John Key welcomes today’s announcement that the Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit New Zealand in November. This will be the second joint visit for Their Royal Highnesses to New Zealand. More>>

ALSO:

Tracey Martin Replaced: Ron Mark Is New New Zealand First Deputy Leader

Clayton Mitchell was the successful candidate for the Associate Whip position. Winston Peters was re-elected as Leader by the Caucus. Ron Mark was elected as the Deputy Leader with effect from 10am, Friday, 3rd July. More>>

ALSO:

Rebuild Rebrand: "Regenerate Christchurch" To Replace CERA

The regeneration of Christchurch will be the city’s focus for the next five years as local leadership progressively takes control of the rebuild, Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Minister Gerry Brownlee says. More>>

ALSO:

Nauru: Scholars Urge Minister To Act On Deteriorating Democracy

“Since the 2013 election in Nauru, there has been a series of disturbing developments on the islands that indicate a severe deterioration in the state of its parliamentary democracy and in the rule of law,” say the scholars. More>>

ALSO:

Foreign Affairs: NZ Begins Presidency Of UN Security Council

Prime Minister John Key has welcomed the start of New Zealand’s month-long Presidency of the United Nations Security Council in New York. More>>

ALSO:

Labour: Cash For Charter Schools, Mould For State Schools

“Recently released financial statements show the Whangarei charter school He Puna Marama received $3.9 million in government funding to the end of last year. Yet their audited accounts show they only spent $1.4 million on education, leaving almost $2.5 million over two years unaccounted for." More>>

ALSO:

Kiwirail Plans Shift From Electric: National Urged Not To Take Backwards Step

The National Government shouldn’t drag New Zealand backwards by replacing its climate friendly electric trains with carbon-polluting diesel trains, the Green Party said today. More>>

ALSO:

Capital Connection:

Get More From Scoop

 

LATEST HEADLINES

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Politics
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news