Take Steps Against Child Poverty with Us!
TAKE STEPS AGAINST CHILD POVERTY WITH
Britomart to Aotea Square, Auckland, 11am, Saturday 6 Sept
Music * Interactive Art * Stilt Walkers * Great Speakers * Plus more!
Please join us and thousands of people just like you in 'taking steps against child poverty' from Britomart to Aotea Square to call for real action on child poverty in our country.
We want all our beautiful children to reach their potential - but sadly one in four children don't get a fair go in New Zealand. We're calling ALL political parties to come together immediately after the election to form a cross party agreement on an action plan to reduce child poverty. We're asking for a firm indication from political leaders that they are committed to the steps needed to give all children a fair go so they can reach their potential.
We aim for this to be a really colourful, child-friendly event - bringing diverse sections of our community together to show the nation how much we care about our children and their well-being. Come one, come all!
Please let all your friends, family and networks know too - every person - no matter how small - counts!
See below for more ways you can make help make the Hikoi a roaring success.
Hope to see you there,
Other ways to get involved:
As well as joining us on the day, there are lots of wee (and not so wee) things you can do to support this event:
1. Forward this email to all your networks
2. Distribute flyers around your office or local shops - please email firstname.lastname@example.org hard copies.
3. Join and/or share the event on Facebook
4. Switch your Facebook profile picture or cover photo to one of our Hikoi ones (see below) - please email email@example.com for these.
5. Tweet about the Hikoi: #endchildpoverty #tick4kids #childpovertynz
6. Join us to help make banners for the Hikoi - 6-9pm Thursday 4 Sept (next week) @ Unite Union, 6a Western Springs Road, Kingsland, Auckland. Let us know you're coming too firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Volunteer on the day Contact email@example.com to put your name down.
8. And of course - bring all your friends and family along on the day!
1. Any (or all) of the above plus -
2. Add a notice about the Hikoi to your website (see below for convenient pre-written blurbs and web banner)
3. Add a notice about the Hikoi to your next newsletter (see below for convenient pre-written blurbs and newsletter banner)
4. Endorse the Hikoi as an organisation - just like the awesome New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO), contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you're keen.
5. Write a media release supporting the Hikoi, Contact email@example.com if you're keen.
6. And of course - get everyone in your organisation to join us! Feel free to bring your organisational flags and banners along on the day too.