Why Do Elections Make us Feel Like Sh*t event this weekend
Why Do Elections Make us Feel Like Sh*t event to be held this weekend
• Speakers include matua Moana Jackson constitutional lawyer and indigenous rights activist and Ella Grace McPherson-Newton producer of the YVOTE project.
Wellington, August 23- The general election is right around the corner. So far there have been three party leader changes and too many scandals to list. Should we even care? Join us for an afternoon of korero, where we take a step back from the circus, and look at the history, context, and structures that make up our electoral political system.
On Sunday 27th of August from 3-5pm at Innermost Gardens, 31 Lawson Place, Mt Victoria, Wellington, a range of speakers will address different attitudes to the electoral system and what it means to participate within it or to choose to opt out. This event seeks to provide a space to hold the difficult conversations that need to be had around election time.
This event is being hosted by Paiaka a political collective that seeks to:
• To connect local communities to the whenua
• To connect communities to each other
• To lay a whariki (mat) for learning about politics and resistance
• To engage discussion and develop tools to create a just world
Find out more on our Facebook page.