Census at Auckland hospitals
Auckland DHB is gearing up to help hospital patients fill in their Census forms on March 6, Census Day 2018.
A number of adult and young adult patients and visitors will be in Auckland City Hospital and Starship Children’s Hospital on census day and some may not have had a chance to participate earlier.
For patients staying overnight on 6 March, Census Day and who have not done the census at home:
• please bring a device such as a laptop, iPad or smartphone
• Statistics New Zealand have sent every household in New Zealand an access code
• patients, whanau and visitors are encouraged to bring this access code and the web address attached to it with them if staying in Auckland City Hospital or Starship Children’s Hospital that night.
Census 2018 field workers from Statistics New Zealand will be here on the day and evening will be easily identifiable. They can assist in filling out the online form and will have a substantial stock of the paper census forms onsite as a back-up, if required.
Information sheets in various languages are available for those whose first language is not English. Patients or whanau uncertain about what to do should ask their charge nurse for assistance from one of the Census 2018 field workers in the hospitals.
If using a device without mobile data, note Auckland DHB provides free wifi. Look out for "Hospital Hot Spot" on the wifi network settings on phones, tablets or laptops.
Stats NZ has toll-free number for those who need help in other scenarios: 0800 CENSUS (0800 236 787).
Online resources include:
• the census form landing page at https://online.census.govt.nz/census/landing/
• general information at www.census.govt.nz.