SUPERdiverse WOMEN join the #myidentity challenge
Mai Chen, Chair, SUPERdiverse WOMEN, welcomes the #myidentity videos received from the following prominent women, many of whom are members:
Hilbertidou, CEO, GirlBoss
• Alison Taylor, Chief Executive, Centre for Social Impact
• Dame Jenny Shipley
• Diane Maxwell, Retirement Commissioner, Commission for Financial Capability
• Professor Hinemoa Elder, Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi
• Himali McInnes, GP, Mangere Health Centre Doctors
• Hon Carmel Sepuloni, Minister for Social Development and Disability Issues Associate Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage and Pacific Peoples.
• Hon Julie Ann-Genter, Minister for Women. Associate Minister for Health and Associate Minister for Transport.
• Marguerite Delbet, GM Democracy Services, Auckland Council
• Melanie Higgins , Consul General, US Consulate General Auckland
• Mele Wendt, Consultant and Board Director
• Priti Ambani, Co-Founder & COO, The Next Billion
• Renee Graham, CE, Ministry for Women
• Susan Warren, Chief Executive, COMET Auckland
• Vanisa Dhiru, National President, National Council of Women NZ
The videos showcased on www.myidentitychallenge.com gives visibility to and celebrates the diversity of New Zealand women.
This International Women’s Day, SUPERdiverse WOMEN is encouraging diverse women throughout New Zealand to be a part of the newly launched #myidentity campaign to ensure indigenous, ethnic, migrant, refugee and LGBTI women can get to the top. The #myidentity campaign launched on March 1, 2018 by the Governor-General of New Zealand, Rt Hon Dame Patsy Reddy, recognises that identity is a choice, and celebrates the multiple identities we all have. Diverse women often suffer more discrimination and need greater recognition and acceptance of the barriers they face and the great contribution they make to New Zealand. This inclusive initiative aims to increase acceptance of diverse women to grow their representation in leadership roles across the public and private sectors.
To upload your 1 min #myidentity video, visit www.myidentitychallenge.com and share your story.