Anti-Virus And Content Filtering Solution
Symantec Launches Integrated Anti-Virus And Content Filtering Solution For Web Gateway
Symantec first to offer combined list-based and heuristic, context-sensitive analysis for web content together with anti-virus protection
Symantec, a world leader in Internet security technology, today introduced Symantec Web Security, a high performance, integrated gateway solution that provides Symantec’s industry-leading virus protection and web filtering for web-based traffic (HTTP and FTP).
Symantec Web Security is an integrated, single-scan, anti-virus and web filtering solution that provides IT administrators with a fast, easy-to-use tool to protect networks from unknown malicious software threats and non-business related web content. Symantec Web Security also contains heuristic technologies, in addition to its list-based filtering, to ensure speed and protection for organisational networks.
Symantec Web Security:
- Is an integrated, single-scan anti-virus and web filtering solution;
- Is a fast, easy-to-use tool that protects from unknown malicious software threats and non-business related web content;
- Contains heuristic technologies to ensure speed and protection
- Supports all firewalls, proxy and caching servers;
- Runs on Solaris, Windows NT and Windows 2000. “Enterprise customers are seeking integrated solutions that meet their Internet security needs while also being easy to install and manage,” said Richard Batchelar, Country Manager for Symantec New Zealand.
“Symantec Web Security scans for viruses and filters content all in one scan, providing IT administrators with high-speed protection. It also features common reporting which automatically updates IT administrators with the latest information to protect networks from evolving threats at the gateway.”
Symantec is the only vendor to create, develop and support web filtering together with anti-virus technologies, giving customers a seamless solution to address malicious software threats and content filtering needs.
As part of the Symantec Enterprise Security solution, Symantec Web Security supports all firewalls, including Symantec Enterprise Firewall, as well as proxy and caching servers.
Symantec Web Security runs on Solaris, Windows NT and Windows 2000, and provides the following:
- Effective and comprehensive virus protection at the gateway - Symantec Web Security leverages Symantec’s cross-platform NAVEX scan engine technology and the Digital Immune System (DIS), Symantec’s unique technology that automates the submission of potential threats and automatically delivers cures to problem machines or the entire enterprise.
- List-based URL filtering in 31 comprehensive categories and Dynamic Document Review (DDR) - Symantec’s patented heuristic technology based on multi-lingual, context-sensitive content analysis technology.
- Common reporting - Automatically provides IT administrators with virus and content filtering information that can be exported into one complete report. Symantec Web Security also has extremely flexible policy enforcement on both a per-user and per-group basis.
Symantec Web Security is now available in New Zealand.