Smart Wellington Interactive Breakfast Seminar
(e)-vision Digital Media Centre for Communication Art and Technology presents the next
Breakfast with Trevor Moeke CEO Te Mangai Paho - Maori Broadcasting Funding Agency Tuesday 28th August, 7.30am to 9am, (e)-vision, 2 Blair Street, Wellington.
New Economy; what's that for Maori?
Trevor Moeke will present his thoughts on the new economy from his unique perspective as CEO of Te Mangai Paho, the Maori Broadcasting Funding Agency. He will discuss the current situation of Maori Broadcasting and Television, some trends within cultural and language revitalisation and discuss why New Zealand should invest in creativity.
An outline the seminar:
New Economy what's that for
* It's the Pacific Millennium - our pacific edge
* Face the facts "Earls Court" crusaders
* Ideas and creativity - our cultural capital?
* First to the Future - our time edge the long haul South
Situation Maori Broadcasting & Television:
* some facts
* some directions
* some trends in cultural and language revitalisation
* some players
* some examples
So what do you / we need to do?
* Why bother building a nation?
* Why ride a knowledge wave?
* Why invest in "creativity"?
* What Maori may have to offer??? Some stories...!
(e)-vision's interactive breakfast series are produced to discuss the social and cultural impact of new technologies for Wellington in the 21st century. The series provides an excellent way to satisfy the business sector's requirements for continuing professional development while also providing an opportunity to stretch thinking beyond technology and profits to some of the more indirect impacts of our decision making.
(e)-vision Digital Media Centre for Communication Art and Technology www.evision.org.nz mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org phone 04-384-3550