Latest Ford Takes The Most Hits
LATEST FORD TAKES THE MOST HITS
AUCKLAND, New Zealand, 2 May 2006
Ford New Zealand's newest prototype – an all new website - is already proving to be an industry favourite.
"We recently launched a redesigned Ford website – www.ford.co.nz – and last month it was New Zealand's most popular automotive website,*" said Barbara MacGregor, Ford New Zealand Marketing Manager.
"The upgrades to the Ford New Zealand website are designed to make it even more user-friendly and to meet the needs of customers of all ages,"
"The site also links to CarSelect – www.carselect.co.nz – a pre-sales service that allows customers to easily find specific used vehicles from Ford dealers across the country."
areas of change on the Ford New Zealand site include:
- Presentation of the Ford range of vehicles and models with consistent vehicle information for all brands
- Clear navigation items which make it easy to find information on each vehicle
- Highlights of key features for each vehicle
- Prominent links to Dealer locator and Hot Deals
- Updated and consistent contact information for all Ford Dealers
- Prominent links to facilitate Test Drive and Brochure requests
- Downloadable specification sheets
MacGregor said Ford employed the services of one
of Australia's leading web designers – the Web Development
Group (WDG) – to redesign the site.
“WDG worked closely with Ford New Zealand in applying user-centred design principles to create a site focused on meeting the needs of both the business and the consumer. Our objective was to ensure the user experience is both intuitive and informative, and facilitates the consumer vehicle research process.”
“The redesign of the website puts Ford New Zealand at the forefront of Internet technology.”
“Consumers are now able to browse the complete Ford vehicle range, find the information they are looking for and contact Ford to arrange a test drive or request more information quickly and easily,” said MacGregor.
traffic information provided by www.hitwise.co.nz