Dell Launches XPS 13 in NZ
Dell Launches Highly Anticipated, Award-Winning XPS 13 in New Zealand
• Crafted without Compromise in Compact Design: 13-inch Edge-to-Edge Display in Near 11-inch Form Factor
• Offers Superb Craftsmanship and Uncompromising Performance in a Sleek, Lightweight System
• Lightning -fast Boot Time and Resume Enable Seamless, Always-on Connectivity
• Features ProSupport and Configuration Services for Business-friendly Deployments
AUCKLAND, New Zealand, March 13, 2012 – Dell’s highly anticipated, award-winning* XPS 13 laptop – widely acclaimed for its superb craftsmanship, thoughtful design and durability – is now available for customers in New Zealand. The system was first revealed in January and early buzz about the unit – which features uncompromising performance, extended battery life and Intel Rapid Start and Smart Connect Technology[i] – has been overwhelmingly positive.
“The XPS 13 demands attention, crossing the realm between work and play, packing powerful technology into a small, portable package and delivering enterprise-friendly protection and security. It’s the ultimate mobile device,” said Deborah Harrigan, general manager for Dell’s Consumer, Small and Medium Business for Australia and New Zealand.
Underscoring its business-ready features, Sam Burd, Global Vice President of Dell’s Consumer, Small and Medium Business product group said, “The uncompromising XPS 13 offers professionals the power to connect, collaborate and innovate with unique features and services – like Dell ProSupport, Trusted Platform Module and Configuration Services[i] - that satisfy the needs of enterprise IT departments.”
Weighing 1.36 kilograms[ii], the XPS 13 Ultrabook™ cleverly fits leading-edge craftsmanship, high performance computing, and thoughtful design into what is the one of the most compact 13-inch products in its class. With its stunning razor-thin bezel, the XPS 13 maintains a footprint similar to an 11-inch product and features bonded Corning® Gorilla® Glass for exceptional durability; a unique, cool-to-the-touch carbon fibre base; and full-size, backlit keyboard for utmost productivity.
A CES 2012 standout, the XPS 13 is one of the first systems with Intel® Smart Connect Technology[i], which keeps content consistently updated. A solid state drive and Intel® Rapid Start Technology allow the XPS 13 to boot in seconds providing almost instant access, saving time and battery life.
Business-friendly features for the XPS 13 include:
• Dell ProSupport ™[vi] is available for Dell business customers and provides end users and IT professionals with remote and on-site technical support for hardware and software needs.
• Trusted Platform Module (TPM) offers user and machine security with BitLocker Data Encryption for network-based client computing.
• Configuration Services include customising BIOS settings, loading an image, and applying asset tags prior to shipping, streamlining the process of deploying XPS 13 systems to employees wherever they may be located while ensuring consistency throughout the IT environment. [ii]
Pricing and availability:
Starting from NZ$1699 with an Intel Core i5 processor, 128GB SSD hard drive[viii] and 4GB memory[ix], the XPS 13 is available now in New Zealand via www.dell.co.nz
The XPS 13 with an Intel Core i5 processor, 128GB SSD hard drive[viii] and 4GB memory[ix] will also be available in all New Zealand JB Hi Fi stores from Wednesday 14th March, from NZ$1899
• Ultrathin laptop (0.24-0.71-inch/6-18mm) and light starting at 1.36kgs[ii]
• 13.3-inh HD WLED, 300-nit (1366x768) 720p; edge-to-edge hardened Gorilla® Glass
• Precision crafted machined aluminum with a carbon fibre base
• 128 GB SSD or 256GB SSD drive options[viii] with Intel Rapid Start Technology
• Intel Core i5 2467M and i7 2637M processor choices
• Intel HD 3000 video graphics
• 4GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333Mhz memory[ix]
• Full size, backlit chiclet keyboard
• Glass integrated button touchpad with multi-gesture support
• Built-in 47WHr 6-cell battery offering up to eight hours of battery lifeiv; 45W AC adaptor
• Dell ProSupport[vi] for business customers, Dell Configuration Services[iii] and Windows Trusted Platform Module options for commercial models
• Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 802.11 A/G/N and Bluetooth 3.0 wireless connectivity
• USB 3.0 (1) + USB 2.0 with PowerShare (1), mini DisplayPort, and headset jack (1)
• Built-in 1.3MP webcam (H.264 enabled via Skype) with dual array digital microphones
• High definition audio with Waves MaxxAudio 4
• Microsoft Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
[i] Intel Smart Connect Technology: Wi-Fi enabled connection required. System must be on or in sleep mode with application running to update.
[i] Available in New Zealand in CY Q3 2012
[ii] Weights vary depending on configuration and manufacturing variability.
[ii] Available in New Zealand through Custom Factory Integration (CFI) in CY Q3 2012
[viii] Hard Drive: GB means 1 billion bytes and TB equals 1 trillion bytes; actual capacity varies with preloaded material and operating environment and will be less.
[ix] Graphics & System Memory: GB means 1 billion bytes and TB equals 1 trillion bytes; significant system memory may be used to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors.
[iii] Available in New Zealand in CY Q3 2012
*Gizmodo named the XPS 13 as the Best Ultrabook at CES 2012 http://gizmodo.com/5875168/best-ultrabook-dell-xps-13?tag=ces-2012