Senior Director of Fusion-io in NZ for Multicore World 2012
“ Senior Director of Fusion-io in New Zealand for Multicore World 2012”
• “ Most promising
company of the United States in 2010”
• “ Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak is Fusion-io’s Chief Scientist”
• “ Open Parallel look forward to collaborating with Fusion-io on special projects in NZ”
New Zealand and United States. March 16, 2012
Jim Peek , Sr. Director of Strategy at Fusion-io , the leading US enterprise flash memory systems company, is coming this March to participate at the Multicore World 2012 conference in Wellington, New Zealand. Mr. Peek will join in a panel at Multicore World organized and invited by Open Parallel , a New Zealand based company specializing in software for multicore and parallel programming.
Fusion-io's integrated hardware and software solutions leverage non-volatile memory to significantly increase datacenter performance and efficiency offering enterprise grade performance, reliability, availability and manageability. Fusion-io pioneered a new storage memory platform that brings fast reliable data acceleration to the server where data is processed.
Fusion-io was named one of the most promising companies in the United States by the Wall S treet Journal in 2010; Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak is Fusion-io’s Chief Scientist, and Michael Dell was an early investor. Now a public company with a market cap over $2B USD, Fusion-io products are used by innovative leaders like Facebook, Apple, and Salesforce.com.
Nicolas Erdody , Open Parallel's
Director and Founder notes that "Open Parallel's global team
of specialists have many years of experience in parallel
programming and have developed strong networks within the
development, academic and research communities. Given this
expertise, we look forward to collaborating with Fusion-io
on special projects in New Zealand.”
Noting the synergies between multicore processors and fast flash memory, Mr. Peek said "The challenges we are facing in meeting modern data demands are felt around the world, so we are very interested in discussing how data center innovation can help organizations in New Zealand as the country works towards becoming a centre of excellence in parallel programming."
Mr. Erdody said that "Open Parallel plans to be the natural destination of companies both large and small that need exceptional talent to explore, develop, and test radical multicore and parallel computing ideas."
Multicore World 2012 will be at the Wellington Town Hall, 27-28 March. www.MulticoreWorld.com
Important Dates for Multicore World 2012
• Registrations open. Limited numbers.
• Conference 27-28 March - Registration via www.MulticoreWorld.com
• Limited Press Passes available – contact email@example.com
• Previous press releases http://multicoreworld.com/index.php/mw/index/pages/view/press
• Speakers List, Abstracts and Biographies http://multicoreworld.com/index.php/mw/index/pages/view/Speakers
• Program http://multicoreworld.com/index.php/mw/mw12/schedConf/program
• Venue – Wellington Town Hall http://multicoreworld.com/index.php/mw/index/pages/view/venue