Cablegate: Visas Viper for February 2008 Reporting Period
DE RUEHCL #0059/01 0931507
ZNR UUUUU ZZH
O 021507Z APR 08
FM AMCONSUL CASABLANCA
TO RUEHC/SECSTATE WASHDC IMMEDIATE 8019
RUEAIIA/CIA WASH DC//CTC//
RHMCSUU/FBI WASHINGTON DC//INTD/CTD/CT WATCH//
RUEAHLC/HOMELAND SECURITY CENTER WASHINGTON DC
RUEILB/NCTC WASH DC//TIG//
INFO RUEHRB/AMEMBASSY RABAT 8269
UNCLAS CASABLANCA 000059
DEPARTMENT FOR INR/TIPOFF AND CA/VO/L/C
E.O. 12958: N/A
TAGS: CVIS KVPR CMGT PINR PTER ASEC MO
SUBJECT: VISAS VIPER FOR FEBRUARY 2008 REPORTING PERIOD
1. Members of the Embassy Rabat and Consulate General Casablanca
joint Visas Viper Committee met March 3, 2008. The meeting was
chaired by the DCM and was attended by CG, CONS, RAO, LEGATT, DAO,
POL and PD.
2. Discussion centered on the thirty five or thirty eight people
recently arrested in the Belliraj terrorist network case. Media
reports had listed thirty two individuals by name and other media
reports indicate an additional three or six possible arrests without
names being provided.
3. As per interim February Viper report (Casablanca 00045), Legatt
obtained the following 35 names, dates of birth and national
identity (CIN) numbers for the Belliraj network members. All were
born in Morocco and are Moroccan nationals. Abdelkader Belliraj is
also a citizen of Belgium. Other information obtained from media
sources (location and occupation) shows the range and diversity of
the Belliraj network:
1. BELLIRAJ, Abdelkader, Moroccan living in Belgium and (alleged
ringleader). 20-AUG-1957 S805694
2. CHIGHANNOU, Abdelghali, shopkeeper in Nador. 04-JUL-1957
3. KHOUCHIAA, Ahmed, former employee in a travel agency in Knitra.
4. KHOULAIDI, Redouane, retired teacher in Casablanca.
5. ERRAMACH, Abdellah, goldsmith in Casablanca. 00-00-1956
6. BENNOUH, Abdessamad, director of a telecommunications agency in
Casablanca, and associate of Mohamed El Yousfi.
7. BEKHTI, Abdellatif, aka Abdellatif Saad, former resident in
Belgium. 09-NOV-1967 BX801854
8. YOUSSOUFI, Mohamed aka "Hamza", telecommunications technician in
Casablanca and associate of Abdessamad Bennouh. 17-JUN-1964
9. THAMI, Mustapha, Former resident in Belgium, shopkeeper in
Casablanca and Tangier.
10. BELLIRAJ, Salah, hotel manager in Marrakech.
11. KALAM, Hassan, hotel waiter in Casablanca.
12. MAYA, Brahim, Parking keeper in Casablanca.
13. AZERKI, Mohammed, computer scientist at the direction of
judicial assistance at the Hassan II foundation for Moroccans
residing abroad in Rabat.
14. BENAIM, Adil, bricklayer assistant in Kenitra.
15. LIHI, Samir, manager of the funds that were laundered by
Abdellatif El Bekhti in Casablanca, Agadir and Fez.
16. BRICHACH, Abdelaziz, spare parts seller in Casablanca.
17. LOKMAN, Mokhtar, notions seller in Rabat.
18. BRIGHACH, Houssine, shopkeeper in Tangier and Kenitra.
19. ABOURKHA, Abderrahim, teacher in a private school in Casablanca.
20. EL BAY, Jamal, shopkeeper in Oujda.
21. SAID, Ali, unemployed, has fraud-related criminal record.
22. ABROUK, Mohammed, woodworker.
23. RACHID, Bouchaib, shop assistant in Knitra.
24. EL MEROUANI, Mohammed, Manager in Ittissalat Al Maghrib.
25. LMOUATASSIME, Mostafa, professor at the Ecole Normale Suprieure
26. RAGALA, Mohammed Amine, professor at the Ecole Normale
Suprieure in Fez. 27-JAN-1959 K22062
27. SRITI, Abdelhafid, journalist, correspondent of Al Manar
channel. Q1-JAN-1965 A308060
28. BELEGHDECH, Mansour, professor.
29. MA-EL AININ, ALAA BADELLAA pharmacist in Rabat.
30. CHAABAOUI, Mohamed, police superintendent.
31. TAKI IMRANI, Abdeladim, Pharmacy PhD holder in Casablanca.
32. NAJIBI, Hamid, professor 08-NOV-1969 QA25894
33. BOUTAROUAINE, Abdellatif 27-JAN-1954 B539967
34. CHINE, Larbi 04-OCT-1963 BE202279
35. NADI, Abderrahim 02-NOV-1964 BJ52190
4. The Mission's Visas Viper Coordinator is Consular Chief Miguel