TIMOR TODAY 30 March 2000
For full text see… http://www.easttimor.com/
1) Aid groups plead with Indonesia not to cut aid for refugees 30/03/00 (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) MARK COLVIN: International aid groups are pleading with the Indonesian Government not to cut off aid to thousands of refugees in West Timor.
2) UNHCR warns against Early Stop of Humanitarian Aid 30/03/00 (UNHCR) The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) today warned against Indonesia's plans to cut off relief aid to East Timorese refugees in West Timor after March 31.
3) Wahid sets up team to resolve outstanding issues with East Timor 30/03/00 (Agence France Presse) JAKARTA - Indonesian President Abdurrahman Wahid has set up a team to iron out pending issues with East Timor, which has voted to become independent from Jakarta, a report said Wednesday.
4) Govt may invite militia into TNI 30/03/00 (Indonesia Observer) JAKARTA - Defense Minister Juwono Sudarsono says that the government is considering accommodating the East Timorese militia in various areas of employment, including the bureaucracy and the Indonesian Defense Forces (TNI).
5) Untrained Timorese must build a nation from scratch 30/03/00 (Washington Post) DILI - Louis Nkopipe spent last week in the sweltering Dili courthouse conducting a crash course on elementary legal principles.
6) Stark warning on East Timor by former Aust. military head 30/03/00 (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) The former head of the Australian army, John Sanderson, has given a stark warning about the dangers facing East Timor.
Subscribe Join the list via email simply by sending a BLANK email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe You can also
unsubscribe from the list via email simply by sending a
BLANK email to: email@example.com