TIMOR TODAY 18 APRIL 2000
For full text see… http://www.easttimor.com/
1) Kostrad chief denies training base built near border 18/04/00 (Antara) Jakarta - Chief of the Army's Strategic Reserves Command (Kostrad) Lt Gen Agus Wirahadikusuma denied here Saturday that his command had built a base camp to train pro-Indonesia East Timorese militia near the border with East Timor.
2) Australia's $20 spymaster expelled from East Timor 18/04/00 (Sydney Morning Herald) Laktutus Border Checkpoint - An Australian soldier will be ordered out of East Timor over a $20 spying operation in Indonesian West Timor which has embarrassed Australia and prompted a high-level apology from the United Nations to Indonesia.
3) UN force commander offers apology over spy incident 18/04/00 (Jakarta Post) LAKTUTUS, East Nusa Tenggara - United Nations Transitional Administration in East Timor (UNTAET) Peacekeeping Force (PKF) Commander Lt. Gen. Jaime de los Santos apologized Monday to Indonesian Military (TNI) over a recent spying incident involving an Australian member of the PKF.
4) Humanitarian Pillar Situation Report 13 - 15 Apr 2000 18/04/00 (UNTAET) DILI - Returns: On Thursday 13 April, 112 persons entered East Timor at the Batugade crossing point in Bobonaro District. IOM provided transport for the returnees to Batugade town, Liquica and Dili. In addition, IOM also organised the return of 25 persons from Sydney, Australia.
5) East Timor Field Report March 2000 18/04/00 (USAID/OTI) DILI - Although the security environment in East Timor as a whole remains stable, there have been a number of incidents in the border area of East and West Timor and in the more mountainous zone of East Timor's central highlands.
Subscribe Join the list via email simply by sending a BLANK email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe You can also unsubscribe from the list via email simply by sending a BLANK email to: email@example.com