Minutes Of Meeting Of Presidium Council Of Papua
PRESIDIUM OF PAPUA COUNCIL
POINTS OF PRESS RELEASE
MINUTES OF MEETING OF THE PRESIDIUM COUNCIL OF PAPUA
a. The resurrection of struggles of Papua people in the end of the 20th century offers one political position from the people: "To stay with the Unitary Republic of Indonesia or to separate from it".
b. To formulate various agenda for priority struggles, the Council holds a MEETING OF ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL on April 16th - 18th, 2000 in Hotel Diah Graha, Angkasa Indah Numbay.
c. The meeting the points with the following purposes:
1. Evaluate activities post MUBES (General Assembly), i.e., 23-36 February 2000;
2. To plan agenda of activities according to the scales of values and priorities;
3. Approve the Proposal for the Papua Congress 2000
4. Establish Basic Guidelines for the Papua Council (Panel and Presidium);
5. Formulate Master Programme: Direction and Strategy of Papua Struggles Pre and Post Papua Congress 2000).
MINUTES OF THE MEETING
After thorough and in depth discussions on above agenda items, the following decisions are taken by the Council:
a. Decision of Presidium Council of Papua No: A.02/KEP-PDP/IV-2000 regarding Papua Congress 2000.
1. Papua Congress 2000 is the Second Congress (The Second Papua Congress was held in October 1961)
2. The Congress will be held on 29 May - 03 June 2000
3. The Theme of the Congress is "Let us correct the History of West Papua", whereas the Sub Theme is "Papua People are determined to Promote Democracy and Human Rights based on the Principles of Truth and Justice towards an Independent West Papua".
4. Papua Congress 2000 will be held in Port Numbay (Jayapura).
5. The Congress will be attended by 3000-5000 people that are categorised into groups of participants (will be arranged in details by the Congress Committee)
6. The composition of the Committee of the Congress is as follows:
Chair: Agus A. Alua
Vice Chair I: Laurence Mehue
Vice Chair II: Abina Wasanggai
Secretary: Thaha M. Alhamid
Vice Secretary: Zadrak Taime
Treasurer: Ida Faidiban
Vice Treasurer: Bas Yufuway
Spokesperson for the Committee: Secretary of the Committee
7. The Committee will be members and organisers for sections with one Committee of Directors.
8. Before the Congress there will be socialisation activities in all regions of West Papua to build united and one perception between the members of the Council, members of the Panels and all Papua people.
9. For this, on 01 May 2000, the Council declares as the day for socialisation process of the Papua Congress 2000.
10. The Papua Presidium Council is divided into some Teams of Socialisation Processes throughout West Papua and other places where needed.
11. In this Easter Week, The Council wishes all Papuan Christians Presidium Dewan Papua, "Happy Easter! May the remembrance of the resurrection of the Lord revive a new wave of power towards a New Papua with peace, justice and integrity.
12. Remembering that Papua Congress 2000 is a New Democratic Festival that we can celebrate now after Indonesia enters reformation era, the Council suggests all people who live in Papua to welcome this Congress momentum with thanksgiving and peace. We should avoid issues that invite conflicts that want to disturb the congress. To all non-Papuans who live in Papua, we guarantee that the Papua Congress 2000 is not to push you out from Papua land, nor to fight against you. This congress is a political momentum for Papua people who voice their demand for their Sovereignty to be recognised in a democratic and peaceful manner and in order to uplift the Truth and Justice in Papua land.
These are points of press release from the Presidium of Papua Council in the Papua Congress II, 2000
Thank you very much.
PRESIDIUM OF PAPUA COUNCIL
Theys H. Eluay
Dr. Benny Giay, Pdt. Herman Awom, S. Th Fransalbert Joku
Sent by Toshi Kenzo MDP
Translated by the Collective Editorial Board of the Diary of OPM
Diary of Online Papua Mouthpiece (OPM) E-mail: westpapua_net@y... Mobile (UK) +44 7901 625133