Camp Against The Occupation, Tul Karem Region
INTERNATIONAL SOLIDARITY MOVEMENT
July 2, 2003
CAMP AGAINST THE OCCUPATION
TUL KAREM REGION, WEST BANK, PALESTINE
Founded by a coalition of the International Solidarity Movement, the National and Islamic parties of Palestine, the Wall Defense Committee and over ten villages within the Tul Karem region of the West Bank, Camp Against the Occupation stands as a meeting place for all those in opposition to the Israeli military occupation of Palestine.
Established on July 2, 2003, Camp Against the Occupation marks the opening days of the International Solidarity Movement's summer campaign, entitled "Freedom Summer 2003". The Freedom Summer campaign focuses on the restriction of movement that Palestinians endure daily due to this occupation.
Camp Against the Occupation was created as an element of this summer campaign in order to directly challenge Israel's construction of the separation wall. The wall stands to restrict Palestinian movement even further, to cut off thousands from their agricultural lands, to isolate access to water and to literally imprison Palestinians within the west bank.
It is the intention of Camp Against the Occupation to highlight these issues through non-violent, direct-action that aims to actually stop the wall and end the occupation.
For a map of the wall in this region, please see: http://www.nad-plo.org/maps/Qalqilya_land_grab.htm
The objectives of Camp Against the Occupation are as follows:
· To draw international media attention to the on-going Israeli military occupation of Palestine and specifically highlight the building of the Separation Wall within the West Bank.
· To expose the truth of the current situation in Palestine, and in doing so change public opinion so that the international community will put pressure on the Israeli Government to work within International Law, to stop the construction of the Separation Wall and to end the occupation.
· To support and participate in non-violent direct action initiated by local Palestinian communities that function to directly confront and challenge the on-going occupation and the wall itself.
· To put a stop to the Separation Wall that will transform the West Bank, Palestine into the largest ghetto in the world, literally imprisoning the majority of the population within a 25 foot (8 meter) high concrete wall and a maximum-security fence.
· To organize resistance to Israeli occupation forces and policies that have robbed Palestinian civil society of any semblance of normalcy, security, or dignity.
# # #
For more information please contact:
Flo Razowsky International ISM Volunteer 067 361 708 or 064 309 753
Abed Al-Karim Dalbah Palestinian ISM volunteer 055 474 066 or 059 836 783
For more information on
Freedom Summer Palestine, please contact: Huwaida