Nablus: Israeli Soldiers Kill Teenager
Israeli Soldiers Kill Teenager in Ongoing Attack on
Occupation Forces Invade Tulkarem, Tamoun, Tubas in North
Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) shot dead a Palestinian teenager and critically injured a 14 year-old boy in Ein Beit al-Ma’ refugee camp in the northern West Bank city of Nablus, while occupation forces invaded the city and refugee camp of Tulkarem.
Taj-eddein Abdel Kareem Saif, 17, was shot in the chest by an Israeli sniper in Ein beit Al-Ma’ refugee camp while Imad Fidda, 14, was critically injured when he was shot in the mouth, medics said.
The killing of the teenager comes two days after IOF soldiers killed four Palestinians in Nablus, which has been under military attack for some twenty days.
On Saturday, occupation forces opened fire on mourners at the funeral procession of three Palestinians killed earlier in the day by Israeli gunfire.
Mohammed al-Masri, 18, a relative of Amjad Al-Masri, one of those being buried, was shot in the head by an Israeli sniper and seriously wounded during the funeral procession. Shortly after, he succumbed to his wounds and died at hospital.
Also in the north, IOF soldiers, manning armored personnel carriers, and backed by a helicopter gunship, raided the West Bank city of Tulkarem and its refugee camp on Monday, Palestinian security sources said.
IOF also raided the villages of Tamoun and Tubas, near Jenin in the north of the West Bank.
Witnesses said that several military vehicles invaded Tubas while unleashing a barrage of machinegun fire, adding that IOF troops conducted house-to-house searches there.
Meanwhile, Nablus governor Mahmoud Al-Alloul called upon international and humanitarian organizations to intervene immediately to stop the ongoing Israeli onslaught on the city of Nablus and its adjacent Balata refugee camp.
Nablus and Balata have been under fierce attack for some twenty days. No medical supplies or food items have been allowed into the city, choking under a strict curfew, and Al-Alloul has warned of an imminent humanitarian crisis.
Also in the north, IOF opened fire at civilians in the village of Beit Ummar, injuring nine Palestinians, four of them women.
Medical sources at Al-Ahli and Alia Hospitals in Hebron city said nine Palestinians were being treated for injuries after they were hit by live rounds and rubber-coated steel bullets.
IOF slapped a curfew on the village of some 13,000 Palestinians, keeping them confined to their homes, the mayor of Beit Ummar, Rashin Awad, said.
Elsewhere in the West Bank, eight Palestinians, two of them women were beaten by Israeli border guards in the village of Walaja, near Bethlehem.
Witnesses said that the eight were all part of the same family who were injured when border guards beat them as they were building a house.
Six men and two women the Khalifa family, namely Hassan, 38, Hussein, 27, Bilal, 25 and their sons Tha’er, Mohammed and Khalifa were injured. 65 year-old Badi’a and Fatima, 35, were also wounded in the assault.
Four Palestinians from
the village were detained by border guards following the
scuffles, which also left seven Israeli guards injured,
Israeli Radio reported.