Front Says Indonesia Elections In Acheh Illegal
Liberation Front Says Indonesia Elections In Acheh Illegal
Acheh/Sumatra National Liberation Front
In connection with the execution of the presidential elections of Indonesia, on July 5, 2004, the Government of the State of Acheh takes the following position:
1. The execution of these presidential elections in Acheh is illegal.
2. The candidates for the Presidency in Indonesia, among others: Megawati Soekarno Putri, Hamzah Haz, Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, Wiranto and Amin Rais, are instigators of the secret/hidden war and they support each other in the policy of scorched earth in Acheh, sending to Acheh more than 65.000 Indonesian troops.This situation of war surely has caused civilians to have fallen victim, children experience trauma during their whole life, and the economy of the people of Acheh being destroyed.
3. These candidates for the presidency of Indonesia, the Indonesian political elite and the executive force of the Indonesian government have to take responsibility for the material and human rights abuses, that already have taken occurred, caused by the war in Acheh, which has taken effect by the Instruction of the President of Indonesia, nr. 28, 2003.
4. The candidates for the presidency of Indonesia, who are in contest for gaining the Seat of President for a period of five years, from 2004 to 2009, have no clear vision on the solution of the Acheh Conflict by purely peaceful and democratic means, and neither do they have any commitment for doing so.
5. The executive governing elite in the State of Indonesia is being supported by the Indonesian army(TNI) and the Indonesian police(POLRI), who have no appreciation whatsoever for human values, committing human rights abuses with impunity, imprisonment, kidnapping, enforced disappearences, raids, house-searchings for weapons, raping of women and execution of civilians.
We urgently call upon the international community to send observers and humanitarian workers, make special reports for the International World under auspices of the United Nations to supply immediate humanitarian help to Acheh and find a Peaceful Solution for the Acheh Conflict as a whole, that has already costed more than 25.000 civilian victims, who have been killed or have disappeared ever since 1976 until 2004.
We urge the governments in the world to press the Indonesian Government to treat Achehnese civilians acoording to prevalent human standards and draw back from Acheh the 65.000 Indonesian military troops, to create a peaceful environment, where existing ideals of free people can take form in a Successor State.
We, the Acheh Nation will always respect every peaceful and democratic solution that is being proposed to solve the Acheh Conflict as a whole.
Fadlon Musa (Representative ASNLF in Holland).