Jericho Protest & Voting Advice
To Judge Beinish,
Chairperson of the General Election Committee:
Olmert & Co.
Not to use
Avnery likens Ze'evi death
to IDF killings: 'Yassin outranked Ze'evi'
For photo's of the March 14 demo in Tel-Aviv against the
kidnapping of the prisoners
...and here the widely published Gush Shalom voting advice
There is a choice! There is a solution!
We all long for an end to the conflict, for the termination of the bloodshed and a life in peace, in a state of which we can be proud.
We will not be able to realize this by means of "Reassembling", "Disengagement", the Apartheid Wall, the unilateral fixing of the "Permanent Borders" (in agreement with the settlers) and all the other patent medicines and Fata Morganas. All these have already been tried and have already failed.
There is only one real way:
1. The elected Government of Israel will invite the elected Government of Palestine to direct negotiations, on the basis of equality and mutual respect, for the implementation of the "Two States for Two Peoples" solution.
2. The opening of the negotiations will constitute the mutual recognition of the right to existence of the two states within the borders that will be determined by the negotiations.
3. Neither of the two parties will be asked to give up its religious and spiritual affinity with all the territory between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River, irrespective of the division of political sovereignty.
4. The permanent borders between the two states will be based on the Green Line. The final route will be fixed by negotiation, with the possibility of agreed exchanges of territory.
5. The Jewish quarters of Jerusalem, together with the Western Wall, will belong to Israel. The Arab quarters of Jerusalem, together with the compound of the mosques, will belong to Palestine.
6. All the other questions, such as security arrangements, refugees, economic relations and water, will be resolved by mutual agreement.
7. The negotiations will be completed in no more than three years.
8. An armistice (hudnah) will come into force for the duration of the negotiations. Each of the two governments will be responsible for a complete cessation of violence by its military forces as well as by all armed factions, groups and individuals. There will be no building activity in the existing settlements, nor will new settlements be set up.
9. A neutral international committee, with the participation of international personalities acceptable to both sides, will oversee the implementation.
We call upon all the voters of the Peace Camp to vote for a party that is close to these principles. .
March 17, 2006