The World Egg Throwing Championship
The World Egg Throwing Championship
To be held from 10:30 am on Sunday June 25th at The Park, Thorpe Latimer, Nr Sleaford, Lincs. This is situated between Helpringham and Swaton.
1. At this time we have confirmed entries from players from England, Scotland, India, Ireland, Germany, Portugal, Russia and Bulgaria. We also have nominated players on behalf of Australia, America, Canada, Qatar, and Libya. More are expected, as the event gets closer.
2. Additionally, players in the
following countries have expressed an interest New Zealand,
Singapore, Brazil, Japan, Chile, Italy, Uruguay, France,
Thailand, Mexico, Guatemala, Netherlands, South Korea,
Dominican Republic, Switzerland, Belgium and Finland. If
unable to make it, nominated players will be appointed.
Nominated players are generally unaffiliated local persons playing on behalf of teams that cant make the journey. We still have space for these sprotspersons….
It has been suggested that this concept of nominated
players is beneficial for two reasons;
1. It reduces long haul air travel and the associated risks.
2. If adopted by Cricket, it may give the Australians a better chance to win the Ashes back.
3. Followers of these releases will know that John Prescott MP, Deputy Prime Minister, was invited to present this years prizes but we now received notification from his staff that he was “unfortunately” unable to make because of other prior commitments. He has however been asked to attend next year and offered, in recognition of his own personal battle against improper egg throwing, the honoury title of Deputy World President and position of Egg Thrower without Portfolio of the WETF. Questions have been asked as to what this will actually entail. Readers and sport egg throwers may be pleased to note…. Nothing whatsoever… It has to be stressed that no action will be required or even asked of Mr Prescott. He will not be asked to represent the organisation or undertake any work on its behalf.
4. The World Egg Throwing Championship has already achieved notable international publicity with coverage in the Times and Guardian UK national newspapers, CNN and Sports Illustrated along with many local newspapers. An American TV crew will be recording the events and BBC radio is undertaking live broadcasts throughout.
5. The WETF is acutely aware that there is a chance that Sweden may not beat England in the forthcoming game of football. It will then follow, as group winners, there will be clash of games as England play Germany or Ecuador at the same time as the World Egg Championship final. In any event, to overcome this and cater for any German, English, Ecuadorian or Swede who is interested we have arranged for a large screen TV. For all others, particularly Scots, Welsh and Irish, we have arranged alternative entertainment.
Notes to editors.
Please use the link www.eggthrowing.com in any coverage.
The World Egg Throwing Championship this year will comprise of;
The Egg Cup
2 person throw and catch event. Dressed in protective clothing, teams of two throw an egg between themselves at ever increasing distances. Knockout event.
The Relay Cup
11 person egg speed relay. 12 eggs are passed along the 100-metre line at 10 metre intervals. Timed knockout event.
Early registration recommended. How to enter and all other details at www.eggthrowing.net
To be held in conjunction with Swaton Vintage Day. Over
200 Vintage, Veteran and Classic Tractors, Cars, Motorbikes,
Commercial Vehicles, Stationary Engines, Cultivators & Shire
Horses are expected to be on show.
Plus… Terrier Racing. Bring your own. Non-terriers invited as guest runners.
Plus…. Craft Tent, Bar, Hog Roast & other Refreshments and Games
Plus…. Rides for the Children.
Proceeds are to be donated to local causes, The Red Cross, L.I.V.E.S and Radio Lincolnshire’s ‘Go for Gold’ Appeal.
Show entry is detailed on the attached web link www.eggthrowing.org
NatWest Bank is sponsoring the Swaton Vintage Day.