Fiji PM Bainimarama To Visit Northern Division
PM Bainimarama To Visit North
Prime Minister Commodore Voreqe Bainimarama will make an official two days visit to the North commencing on Thursday April 2 to Friday April 3.
Commodore Bainimarama is expected to visit agriculture and rural developments in the Division.
" The Northern Division has the potential to grow a variety of seasonal fruits and vegetables which farmers could sell locally and abroad to gain substantial income," he said
" Through the Government's Look North Policy, Government's aim is to encourage more people to enter into businesses and contribute positively to the economy of the Northern Division.
Commodore Bainimarama said the Government's intentions for Vanua Levu are clear which really are to;
- raise the level of investment and economic production
- generate increased employment opportunities, income and consumption growth
- increase the volume and value of trade
- foster entrepreneurial development, and
- increase the involvement of Vanua Levu's population in economic activities.
With a range of other incentives for the Vanua Levu, Government intends to upgrade infrastructure facilities for the Northern Division.
This is the 5th trip of Commodore Bainimarama to the Northern Division since taking up the role of Prime Minister following his appointment by the President in early January 2007.