Israeli Violations in Palestine: 24- 30 October 2013 report
Weekly Report On Israeli Human Rights Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (24- 30 October 2013)
Israeli forces continue systematic attacks against Palestinian civilians and property in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt)
A Palestinian child was wounded during an Israeli incursion in Taqou' village, southeast of Bethlehem.
An Israeli warplane attacked Bader training site in the Gaza Strip, but no casualties were reported.
Israeli forces have
continued to use excessive force against peaceful protesters
in the West Bank.
• 3 Palestinian civilians, including a photographer, were wounded during Bil'in and Kofur Qaddoum weekly protests.
• Dozens of civilians suffered tear gas inhalation.
Israeli forces conducted
61 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank
and 2 limited ones in the Gaza Strip.
• At least 49 Palestinian civilians, including 2 children, were arrested.
• The detainees include 2 PLC members and a number of active students affiliated to Hamas.
has continued to impose a total closure on the oPt and has
isolated the Gaza Strip from the outside
• Israeli forces established dozens of checkpoints in the West Bank.
• At least 6 Palestinian civilians were arrested at checkpoints in the West Bank.
Israeli navy forces have continued targeting
Palestinian fishermen in the sea.
• Israeli forces opened fire at Palestinian fishing boats, but neither casualties nor material damage were reported.
has continued to create Jewish majority in occupied East
• Israeli forces demolished 2 residential buildings in Beit Hanina village and 2 rooms in Jabal al-Mukaber neighbourhood, rendering 33 Palestinian civilians homeless.
Israeli forces have continued to
support settlement activities in the West Bank and Israeli
settlers have continued to attack Palestinian civilians and
• Israeli forces issued notices to demolish houses and civilian facilities in area (C).
• Settlers continued their attacks against Palestinian civilians and their property.
• 121 olive and almond trees were uprooted and burnt in Nablus and Bethlehem.
Israeli violations of international law and international humanitarian law in the oPt continued during the reporting period (24 – 30 October 2013).
During the reporting period, Israeli forces wounded 4 Palestinian civilians, including a child in the West bank; 3 of whom were wounded during peaceful protests against the construction of the annexation wall in the West Bank, while the child was wounded during an Israeli incursion in Taqou' village, southeast of Bethlehem. In the Gaza Strip, Israeli forces continued to attack Palerstinian fishermen in the sea.
In the West Bank, on 29 October 2013, Israeli forces wounded a Palestinian child when they conducted an incursion in Taqou' village, southeast of Bethlehem. Israeli forces fired flash bombs overheads, in response to which a number of boys gathered and threw stones at Israeli soldiers, who fired rubber-coated metal bullets. As a result, the aforementioned child was wounded by a bullet to the back. He was taken to al-'Ahli hospital in Hebron.
During the reporting period, Israeli forces continued the systematic use of excessive force against peaceful protests organised by Palestinian, Israeli and international activists against the construction of the annexation wall and settlement activities in the West Bank. As a result, 3 Palestinian civilians, including photographer of the Popular Committee against the Annexation Wall and Settlement Activities in Bil'in, were wounded.
In the context of targeting fishermen in the sea, Israeli gunboats stationed in the sea opened fire at Palestinian fishing boats twice on 24 and 27 October 2013.
On 28 October 2013, an Israeli warplane launched a missile at Bader training site of Izziddin al-Qassam Brigades (the armed wing of Hamas). The site that was attacked several times previously is located to the west of al-Maqousi apartment buildings, north of Gaza City. No casualties were reported.
The full report is available online at: http://www.pchrgaza.org/portal/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9880:weekly-report-on-israeli-human-rights-violations-in-the-occupied-palestinian-territory-24-30-october-2013-&catid=84:weekly-2009&Itemid=183