Israeli forces continue systematic attacks against civilians
Israeli forces continue systematic attacks against Palestinian civilians and property in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt)
• An aggregate collector was killed and another was wounded, east of Gaza City, in excessive use of force.
• Israeli forces
continued to open fire at border areas in the Gaza
- 16 civilians, including 4 children, in the northern Gaza Strip, and a camel grazer in the southern Gaza Strip were wounded.
• A Palestinian girl was wounded at a military checkpoint in the northern West Bank.
Israeli forces continued to use excessive force
against peaceful protesters in the West Bank.
- 2 Palestinian civilians were wounded in Kofur Qaddoum protest, northeast of Qalqilia.
- 8 civilians were wounded in other protests in the West Bank.
Israeli forces conducted 49 incursions into
Palestinian communities in the West Bank and 3 limited ones
in the Gaza Strip.
- At least 30 civilians, including 6 children, were arrested.
Israel has continued to impose a total closure on
the oPt and has isolated the Gaza Strip from the outside
- Israeli forces established dozens of checkpoints in the West Bank.
- At least 7 Palestinian civilians, including 4 children, were arrested at checkpoints.
- The Israeli special units maltreated a Palestinian journalist while doing his job.
• Israeli navy forces continued targeting Palestinian fishermen in the sea.
• Israeli forces continued to support
settlement activities in the West Bank and Israeli settlers
continued to attack Palestinian civilians and
- A residential tent, a tent to shelter livestock and 2 tin barracks were demolished in Yerza area in the northern Jordan Valley.
- Settlers cut off 650 olive seedlings in the north of Ramallah and al-Bireh.
Israeli violations of international law and international humanitarian law in the oPt continued during the reporting period (13 - 19 February 2014).
During the reporting period, Israeli forces killed a Palestinian civilian and wounded 29 others, including 4 children and a girl, in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. In the Gaza Strip, a civilian was killed and 18 others, including 4 children, were wounded, while 11 civilians, including the girl, were wounded in the West Bank.
In the Gaza Strip, on 13 February 2014, in an excessive use of force, Israeli forces killed a Palestinian aggregate collector and wounded another, east of al-Zaitoun neighbourhood, east of Gaza City, when they opened fire at them.
On the same day, a camel grazer was wounded when Israeli forces stationed along the eastern borders between the Gaza Strip and Israel opened fire at him, southeast of al-Shouka village, southeast of Rafah, in the southern Gaza Strip.
On 14 February 2014, in an excessive use of force, Israeli forces wounded 16 civilians, including 4 children, when they opened fire at dozens of civilians protesting against them, east of Jabalia, in the northern Gaza Strip.
The full report is available online.