Israeli Forces Continue Their Offensive on the Gaza Strip
Israeli Forces Continue Their Offensive on the Gaza Strip And Commit More Crimes Against Palestinian Civilians And Property in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (Opt)
•Israeli warplanes launched
dozens of airstrikes on civilian targets in the Gaza
- 22 Palestinians, including 19 civilians, were killed.
- The civilian victims include 8 children and 3 women.
- 14 houses were completely destroyed and dozens of others were extensively damaged.
•6 Palestinian civilians, including 2 women, died of previous wounds in the Gaza Strip.
•Israeli forces continued to use
force against peaceful protests in the West
- 13 Palestinian civilians, including 5 children, were wounded in protests against the Israeli offensive on the Gaza Strip.
- A Palestinian child was wounded in the weekly protest against the construction of the annexation wall in Nabi Saleh village, northwest of Ramallah.
conducted 63 incursions into Palestinian communities in the
- 90 Palestinians were arrested, including 48 ones, in East Jerusalem.
- Israeli forces issued a decision forcibly transferring MP Khalida Jarrar to Jericho for 6 months.
continued to impose a total closure on the oPt and has
isolated the Gaza Strip from the outside
- Israeli forces established dozens of checkpoints in the West Bank.
- At least 3 Palestinian civilians, including 3 children and a leader of Islamic Jihad, were arrested at military checkpoints in the West Bank.
•Israeli authorities continued efforts to create a Jewish majority in Jerusalem.
- Israeli forces demolished a house and a store in Jabal al-Tour neighbourhood.
•Israeli forces continued to
support settlement activities in the West Bank and Israeli
settlers continued to attack Palestinian civilians and
- Israeli forces demolished 9 homes in Nablus and Ramallah, rendering 63 Palestinian civilians, including 33 children, homeless.
- Israeli settlers attacked Palestinian civilians in Jerusalem and Hebron.
Israeli violations of international law and international humanitarian law in the oPt continued during the reporting period (14 – 20 August 2014).
Shooting and Killing:
In the context of the Israeli offensive on the Gaza Strip, Israeli forces killed 22 Palestinians, 19 of whom are civilians, including 8 children and a woman, and wounded 89 others, including 31 children and 19 women. Six Palestinian civilians, including 2 women, died of previous wound, and the body of a Palestinian was recovered from the debris. Israeli warplanes launched dozens of airstrikes on the Gaza Strip, destroying 14 houses and damaging dozens of others.
In the West Bank, Israeli forces wounded 14 Palestinian civilians, including 6 children, during peaceful demonstrations organized by Palestinian civilians in the West Bank in protest against the Israeli offensive on the Gaza Strip and the construction of the annexation wall in the West Bank.