CMJ traffic bulletin: to Thursday 6 November
Auckland Regional Office
29 October 2003
CMJ traffic bulletin: Sunday 2 to Thursday 6 November
Transit New Zealand advises all motorists that lane and ramp closures on the Southern Motorway, as well as some closures of local roads, continue this week as work progresses on Stage 1 of the Central Motorway Junction upgrade project.
- The Gillies Ave on-ramp - CLOSED – during the day from 6am on Sunday 2 November through to 6am the following morning (Monday 3 November).
The following on and off-ramps, local roads and link roads – CLOSED - at night:
through to Thursday 6 November from 8pm until 6am each
- Khyber Pass off-ramp
- SH16 (North-western Motorway) – SH1 (Southern Motorway) link
- Khyber Pass Road
- Boston Road
Sunday 2 and Monday 3
- Symonds Street on-ramp
Monday 3 through to
Thursday 6 November:
- Gillies Ave on-ramp
through to Thursday 6 November:
- Khyber Pass on-ramp
Please choose alternative on- and off-ramps during these times.
- Alternative routes will be clearly
signposted at roadwork sites.
- All closures are weather permitting. In the event of bad weather, work will be postponed until the next clear night.
- Temporary barriers are erected and cones placed in all areas.
Motorists are advised that there could be delays.
Ongoing north and southbound lane closures at night until 2005:
- Southern Motorway between the Gillies Avenue on- and off-ramps and the Symonds Street over-bridge until 2005 – north and southbound lane closures at night. At least one lane will remain open to traffic at all times.
The CMJ Project
Stage 1 of Transit’s Central Motorway Junction upgrade project covers the section of motorway between the Upper Queen Street over-bridge and Gillies Avenue on- and off-ramps and is scheduled for completion in 2005.
Project information centre: corner of Stanley Street and Alten Road, Grafton, 8.30am – 5.30pm, weekdays.
Phone 0800 ToFreeflow (0800 863 733) or www.transit.govt.nz