CMJ traffic bulletin: to Thursday 11 December
Auckland Regional Office
3 December 2003
CMJ traffic bulletin: Sunday 7 to Thursday 11 December
Lane, ramp and local road closures continue on the Southern Motorway this week as work progresses on Stage 1 of the Central Motorway Junction upgrade project. These are outlined below:
- Khyber Pass on and off-ramps and sections of Khyber Pass Road – CLOSED – during the day from 7am Sunday 7 December until 6am the following morning – Monday 8 December. Also – CLOSED – at night 8pm to 6am Monday 8 through to Thursday11 December.
- CLOSED - from 8pm until 6am each night, Sunday 7 through to Thursday 11 December:
- Gillies Ave on-ramp
- Port and Wellesley Street off-ramp
- Northwestern Motorway (SH 16) to port link
- Northwestern- Southern Motorway link (SH16 – SH1 link)
- Boston Road
There will also be ongoing north and southbound lane closures at night on the Southern Motorway between the Gillies Avenue on and off-ramps and the Symonds Street over-bridge until 2005. At least one lane will remain open to traffic at all times.
Please choose alternative on- and off-ramps during these times. Motorists are advised that there could be delays.
Stage 1 of Transit’s Central Motorway Junction upgrade project covers the section of motorway between the Upper Queen Street over-bridge and Gillies Avenue on- and off-ramps and is scheduled for completion in 2005.
Project information centre: corner of Stanley Street and Alten Road, Grafton, 8.30am – 5.30pm, weekdays.
Phone 0800 ToFreeflow (0800 863 733) or www.transit.govt.nz