Urban Development Strategy feedback - Final Weeks
To: All media
From: Greater Christchurch Urban Development Strategy team
Public Affairs Group
Press release 4 December 2006 1 page
Final weeks and open sessions for Urban Development Strategy feedback
The public has just two weeks left to have their say on the draft Greater Christchurch Urban Development Strategy (UDS), as submissions close Wednesday, 20 December.
The draft strategy - which proposes how the Christchurch City Council, Selwyn and Waimakariri District Councils, Environment Canterbury and Transit NZ plan to manage long term growth in Greater Christchurch – is available for viewing from all council and district council offices, libraries, and service centres.
You can also view and make an electronic submission on the draft UDS on the www.greaterchristchurch.org.nz home site or pick up a copy of the consultation booklet from any Council service centre or library.
Make time to attend
one of the last open day sessions on the UDS at:
• 7pm to 9pm today at the Papanui RSA, 55 Bellview Avenue,
• 7pm to 9pm tomorrow at Our City O-Tautahi, corner of Oxford Terrace and Worcester Boulevard;
• 7pm to 9pm, Thursday 7 December, the Salvation Army Sydenham Community Centre, 250 Colombo Street;
• 6pm to 8pm, Monday, 11 December, Fendalton CCC Service Centre, corner Clyde and Jeffreys roads, and
• 7pm to 9pm, Wednesday, 13 December, Airforce Museum, 45 Harvard Avenue, Hornby.
If you live on the coast, the middle of the city, an established suburb, new subdivision or a lifestyle block, we want to hear from you. Do your agree with the general direction of the draft UDS or prefer something else? Have your say on what happens in Greater Christchurch in the next 30 to 40 years.