Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 

Kiwi women prefer Richie McCaw over Dan Carter

Kiwi women prefer Richie McCaw over Dan Carter

A recent survey by leading online accommodation website Wotif.com found that 39% of females in New Zealand would choose to holiday with Richie McCaw, while only 24% would choose Dan Carter.

General Manager Wotif Brands Megan Magill said that Wotif.com asked more than 3,000 New Zealanders to participate in the survey.

“We asked Kiwis if they could spend a weekend away with an All Black, who would it be,” Ms Magill said.

“And more ladies chose Richie McCaw over a weekend with Dan Carter.”

“A further 10% of women in New Zealand said Sonny Bill Williams would be their ideal weekend partner.”

Men surveyed showed similar results, with 34% of men who participated in the survey saying they would like a weekend away with Richie McCaw, and 16% preferring Dan Carter.

“Dan Carter might be a heartthrob with the ladies but it seems all Kiwis are pretty loyal to the beloved All Blacks captain,” Ms Magill said.

Of the people surveyed 95% of Kiwis think the All Blacks will win the 2011 Bledisloe Cup over the Aussies this year, leaving 5% to fear the Wallabies will win.

“Interestingly, when it comes to travelling away to watch Bledisloe Cup matches, Kiwi's are split on how far they will travel. 49% said they would travel to Hong Kong or further, anywhere to see the All Blacks win,” Ms Magill said.

“While 49% said they thought it was too far to travel and they wouldn’t go.”

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

Gordon Campbell: On Tourism’s Endless Sense Of Grievance

Sad that a once in a century pandemic should have come along before the government had a clearly thought out plan for rescuing all the firms and saving all the jobs in the tourism sector. Sad that the government now looks like it was making up the criteria for support as it went along. But guess what? To some extent, they were. Possibly because in the modern era, a pandemic had never before caused international travel to evaporate almost overnight... More>>

 

PREFU: Economy Doing Better Than Forecast

The Pre-election Economic and Fiscal Update released today shows that the near-term economic recovery has been stronger than the Treasury and many economists predicted at the May Budget, as the economy bounced back strongly out of lockdown... More>>

ALSO:


PM Statement: Cabinet COVID-19 Alert Level Review

Takiri mai te ata, ka ao, ka ao, ka awatea, tihei mauriora! Tātou katoa ngā iwi o Aotearoa, tēnā koutou! Tēnā tātou e whakanuia ana i te wiki nei, te wiki o te reo Māori Greeting to you all from Otepoti, Dunedin. This week is the Māori ... More>>

ALSO:

Greens: $297m Fund To Support Sustainable Food And Farming

The Green Party has released its Farming for the Future Plan, including a $297m fund to support farmers and growers to transition to climate-friendly practices. The plan will: · Improve how we look after our land and water, with a levy on the ... More>>

ALSO:

National: Plan To Restore NZ’s Prosperity

National’s Economic and Fiscal Plan carefully balances the need to invest in infrastructure and core public services while also reducing tax pressure on Kiwi families and businesses. National Leader Judith Collins and Finance spokesperson Paul Goldsmith unveiled National’s ... More>>

ALSO:

NZ First: Party List

New Zealand First has a proven twenty-seven-year history of bringing balance and common sense to our government. Amid the continued setbacks of COVID-19 restrictions, New Zealand First has once again sustained its profile by selecting a strong team ... More>>

Election: Arriving Travellers In Isolation To Be Able To Vote By Telephone

Up to 5,000 people in managed isolation or quarantine will be able to vote by telephone in the general election and referendums after an amendment to electoral regulations last week. Chief Electoral Officer Alicia Wright says the Electoral Commission sought ... More>>

National: Investing In Our Children’s Future

A National Government will prioritise lifting achievement for all New Zealand children, no matter their background or ability, National Party Leader Judith Collins and National’s Education spokesperson Nicola Willis say. “Parents just want what’s best for ... More>>

Police: Numerous Arrests Following Investigation Into Historical Offending At Auckland School

Detective Senior Sergeant Geoff Baber, Auckland City Police: Police have made six arrests as part of an operation investigating historical offending at Dilworth School. Auckland City Criminal Investigation Branch have been investigating since a complaint ... More>>

ALSO:

 
 
 
 
 
 

LATEST HEADLINES

  • PARLIAMENT
  • POLITICS
  • REGIONAL
 


 

InfoPages News Channels