Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 

Wellington City Council To Advertise CE Position

MEDIA RELEASE
30 August 2012

Wellington City Council To Advertise CE Position

The Wellington City Council has agreed to advertise for the role of Chief Executive, following Wednesday evening’s full Council meeting.

Mayor Celia Wade-Brown and Deputy Mayor Ian McKinnon said the decision was consistent with the renewal of the CE’s position in 2002 and 2007, which was advertised following each completion of the CE’s five year appointment.

“The CE’s position is of critical importance to the Council and the City, implementing our vision and leading the organisational culture. The decision to advertise the role of Chief Executive was made in the interests of openness and transparency – and a decision the Council took seriously,” says Mayor Wade-Brown.

“As was the case in 2002 and 2007, Wellington City Council will be advertising the position of CE for a period up to five years. This is a consistent approach based on previous processes,” she said.

“The CE’s broad expertise has provided real stewardship for this organisation and he continues to serve Wellington City with vigour, passion and distinction.”

Cr McKinnon says: “It is important to note that the current CE has met or exceeded performance indicators. Council’s decision is not a reflection on the CE’s performance.

“The city has developed well in so many areas over the past 15 years and CE Garry Poole deserves considerable credit for this progress. He’s put Wellington in a strong position to meet the many challenges which lie ahead.”

Despite a positive performance review, Mr Poole has requested that there be no increase in his salary for the coming year.

The appointment process will now begin, with the position being advertised in the near future.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines


Gordon Campbell: On The Mosque Movie, And The Demise Of Netanyahu

Plainly, a whole lot of New Zealanders – including PM Jacinda Ardern - are not on board with They Are Us, the mooted film project intended about the Christchurch mosque shootings. Here’s how the original Hollywood Reporter story described the gist of They Are Us... More>>

 



Government: To Apologize For Dawn Raids

The Government will make a formal apology for the wrongs committed during the Dawn Raids of the 1970’s.
Between 1974 and 1976, a series of rigorous immigration enforcement policies were carried out that resulted in targeted raids on the homes of Pacific families... More>>

ALSO:


Trade: EU And UK FTAs Top Of List For First Ministerial Trip Since COVID-19

Trade and Export Growth Minister Damien O’Connor today announced details of his planned visit to the United Kingdom and European Union next week, where he will hold trade and agriculture discussions to further New Zealand’s economic recovery from COVID-19... More>>


Transport: Clean Car Package To Drive Down Emissions

The Government is taking action in line with the advice of the Climate Change Commission to increase the uptake of low emission vehicles by introducing a range of measures that will help meet New Zealand’s 2050 carbon neutral target... More>>

ALSO:


Jewish Council: New Zealand Not Immune From Rise In Antisemitism

The representative body of New Zealand Jewry, the NZ Jewish Council (NZJC), has expressed concern about the high number of antisemitic incidents in New Zealand recorded last month. Spokesperson for the NZJC, Juliet Moses, said... More>>

NZNO: Nurses Reject DHB Offer And Confirm Strike Action

The New Zealand Nurses Organisation says its 30,000 members who work in DHBs have voted overwhelmingly to reject a second offer in their current round of multi-employer collective agreement (MECA) negotiations... More>>

ALSO:


 
 
 
 
 
 

LATEST HEADLINES

  • PARLIAMENT
  • POLITICS
  • REGIONAL
 
 

InfoPages News Channels