Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 

Building consent value will top $200 million


Tuesday 4 September

Building consent value will top $200 million

The value of building consents for major commercial projects across the city will reach $200 million in the next week.

Council records show that for the last week of March the value of consented works for commercial projects over one million dollars was $9.1 million. By Friday 24 June this had increased to $89.1 million, and by last Friday had reached almost $199.9 million.

“In the last ten weeks the total accumulated works for building consents has doubled and is a strong indication that there is growing confidence around commercial projects across the city’, says Council Building Operations Manager Ethan Stetson.

“We’re continuing to see strong interest in pre-application meetings and of course this makes the consent process go faster as many issues are resolved or clarified in those discussions.”

The figures include a total of 82 building consents for major commercial projects granted across the city, seventeen of which are within the Four Avenues. Eight of these consents were granted in the last ten weeks.

“ Certainly we can take heart from these figures – this is no small achievement over a six month period.”


-ends-

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines


Gordon Campbell: On The America’s Cup, Critical Race Theory And A New, Weekly Music Playlist

So… Why don’t they just cut to the chase, and call it the Emirates Cup? As this column predicted several months ago, the next America’s Cup challenge is headed overseas. Here’s what Werewolf said back in March:
Emirates has made a major commitment to Portsmouth/Isle of Wight as a sailing centre of excellence – and voila, that’s where the next challenger of record is coming from, and where the next Cup contest could well be sailed. Such incredible luck for Emirates, right..? More>>

 

Government: Plan For Vaccine Rollout For General Population Announced

New Zealanders over 60 will be offered a vaccination from July 28 and those over 55 from August 11, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced today... More>>

ALSO:



Government: America’s Cup Decision

The Minister responsible for the America’s Cup has confirmed the joint Crown-Auckland Council offer to host the next regatta has been declined by the Board of Team New Zealand... More>>

ALSO:


Jewish Council: New Zealand Not Immune From Rise In Antisemitism

The representative body of New Zealand Jewry, the NZ Jewish Council (NZJC), has expressed concern about the high number of antisemitic incidents in New Zealand recorded last month. Spokesperson for the NZJC, Juliet Moses, said... More>>

NZNO: Nurses Reject DHB Offer And Confirm Strike Action

The New Zealand Nurses Organisation says its 30,000 members who work in DHBs have voted overwhelmingly to reject a second offer in their current round of multi-employer collective agreement (MECA) negotiations... More>>

ALSO:


 
 
 
 
 
 

LATEST HEADLINES

  • PARLIAMENT
  • POLITICS
  • REGIONAL
 
 

InfoPages News Channels