Local Govt | National News Video | Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Search

 

Public engagement begins on Wellington’s transport future

Public engagement begins on Wellington’s transport future

Let’s Get Wellington Moving (LGWM), a joint initiative between Wellington City Council, Greater Wellington Regional Council, and the NZ Transport Agency, today launched its next phase of public engagement and announced it is seeking feedback until 15 December from the public and stakeholders on scenarios designed to help Wellington grow and make the most of its opportunities.

“Our work on possible solutions for Wellington’s transport future is ongoing, but has progressed to the stage where we’re ready to share our ideas with the public and seek their feedback to help guide our next steps,” says Let’s Get Wellington Moving programme director Barry Mein.

“This public engagement builds on the comments we received last year from over 10,000 people who gave us their thoughts on Wellington transport, and a series of stakeholder and community workshops earlier this year. We’ve used the public’s input and the data we’ve gathered about Wellington’s transport system to shape our scenarios,” says Mr Mein.

To support this engagement Let’s Get Wellington Moving is publishing:

• An engagement document which includes a high-level summary of scenarios

• An online summary of scenarios and feedback from at www.getwellymoving.co.nz

• Questions and answers (enclosed)

• A series of technical reports

“The information we are presenting in this engagement is high-level and conceptual. Detailed investigation, design work, and formal consultation will come at later stages of the programme,” says Mr Mein.

The public engagement programme will include a series of events and stakeholder meetings and a public awareness campaign titled Your Voice Counts.

“Let’s Get Wellington Moving is an important opportunity to develop and agree on a future for Wellington’s transport that will support the city’s growth. We urge everyone with an interest in transport and Wellington’s success to have a say and give us your feedback.”

People can provide feedback by:

1. Completing an online form at www.getwellymoving.co.nz
2.
2. Completing and returning the freepost feedback form in the engagement document

3. Talking to the programme team in person at a community information session.

Community information sessions include:

• Wednesday 22 November, 4pm-7pm, Walter Nash Centre, 20/22 Taine Street, Lower Hutt

• Tuesday 28 November, 4pm-7pm, Johnsonville Community Centre, 3 Frankmoore Avenue, Johnsonville

• Thursday 30 November, 5pm-8.30pm, Porirua Night Market, 8 Cobham Court, Porirua

• Monday 4 December, 4pm-6pm, ASB Sports Centre, Kilbirnie,

• Tuesday 5 December, midday-2pm and 5pm-7pm, Te Wharewaka o Pōneke, Central City

LGWM will review the feedback it receives and report on this by March 2018. If people provide contact details, they will be sent a copy of the report.

“We‘ll use the feedback we get from the public to help develop and publish a preferred scenario next year. That will include information about timing, costs, a pathway for design and construction, and next steps. People will have further opportunities to give us their feedback as these details are developed,” says Mr Mein.

“I want to thank the people of Wellington and the many stakeholder groups who have contributed to the programme so far. We look forward to receiving your feedback on our ideas, and continuing to work with you.”

http://img.scoop.co.nz/media/pdfs/1711/scenarios.pdf

http://img.scoop.co.nz/media/pdfs/1711/LGWM_Q_and_A.pdf

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

PM's Statement Prime Deadly Eruption Of Whakaari / White Island Eruption

At this stage, we can confirm that amongst those currently listed as missing or injured are New Zealanders who were part of the tour operation, and tourists from Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom, China and Malaysia. That is to the best of our knowledge.

To those who have lost or are missing family and friends, we share in your unfathomable grief at this moment in time, and in your sorrow. Your loved ones stood alongside kiwis who were hosting you here. We grieve with you, and we grieve with them... More>>

Police Update: Five Confirmed Dead - Eight People Unaccounted For
Work has continued overnight to respond to the eruption on White Island. Enquiries with tour operators indicate that 47 people were on White Island at the time of the eruption. Police can now advise that in addition to the five people confirmed deceased, eight people remain unaccounted for following the eruption. More>>

 

Big, Bold, Permanent Change Needed: Children's Commissioner On 2019 Child Poverty Monitor

“I want to see family incomes dramatically raised by increasing benefits and making the minimum wage a living wage. And the Government needs to move much faster at increasing the supply of social housing..." More>>

ALSO:

RNZ Live Updates: Weather Mayhem Strands Tourists; Major Roads Closed

Hundreds of tourists are stranded on the West Coast, and on the other side of the South Island a flood-damaged bridge has closed State Highway 1, after a weekend of torrential rain... More>>

ALSO:

Policing: Armoured Specialist Police Vehicles

New Zealand Police has taken delivery of three Armoured Special Purpose Vehicles. The vehicles are unmarked and look like standard Toyota Land cruisers... They will not be used for patrol. More>>

Single Use PVC And Polystyrene Out: Next Steps On Plastic Waste

The Government will phase out more single-use plastics following the success of its single-use plastic bag ban earlier this year and the release today of a pivotal report for dealing with waste. More>>

ALSO:

Faafoi Statement: Minister's Suspicious Immigration Texts

I have apologised to the Prime Minister and understand I have let her down in regards to my dealings with Jason Kerrison over an immigration matter concerning his family. More>>

ALSO:

NZ First Conflicts Of Interest: New Details Around Timeline

New information has emerged showing it was the New Zealand First chief of staff who identified potential conflicts of interest between a forestry company and two senior government ministers, sparking a series of declarations. More>>

Earlier:

Donations:

Five New Cancer Meds In Six Months: Pharmac Funds More Cancer Medicines, Faster Assessment

PHARMAC has confirmed that two new medicines – olaparib for ovarian cancer and fulvestrant for breast cancer – have been approved for funding... Rituximab and bortezomib, which are already funded, have also been approved for widened access following successful commercial proposals from new suppliers. More>>

ALSO:

 
 
 
 
 

LATEST HEADLINES

  • PARLIAMENT
  • POLITICS
  • REGIONAL
 


 

InfoPages News Channels