Firearm collection event in Napier this weekend
Police encourage firearms holders in Napier to hand-in their prohibited firearm/s and part/s at a buy-back and amnesty collection event on Friday 6 September.
The event will be held at the Army Drill Hall on Coote Road in Napier from 10am-1.30pm.
When you come to a collection event, please bring the following with you:
· Your online notification reference number
· Your firearms licence (if applicable)
· Your bank account number
· Photo identification (drivers licence or passport)
· All your prohibited firearms and parts, cleared of all ammunition
· Any other firearm/s or parts you wish to hand-in to Police for destruction.
Police look forward to welcoming the Napier firearms community to the collection event this weekend.
For more information on future collection events please go to https://www.police.govt.nz/advice/firearms-and-safety/changes-firearms-law-prohibited-firearms/local-collection-events-amnesty or call 0800 311 311.