Northern Motorway To Close Overnight For Gantry Removal
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises the Northern Motorway (SH1) will be closed overnight on Sunday 7 February to allow removal of an overhead gantry at Dairy Flat.
Both north and southbound lanes of the motorway will be closed between Oteha Valley Road and Silverdale from 10:00PM until 5:00AM. On ramps at Oteha Valley Road and Silverdale will close at 9:00PM. A detour via the Dairy Flat Highway will be signposted, says Waka Kotahi Auckland System Manager Andrea Williamson.
“The motorway closure will happen overnight to minimise disruption for motorists. We urge motorists to plan ahead and allow extra time for their journey. Thank you for your patience and understanding.”
The gantry provides electronic information to motorists. It’s been taken down for maintenance and to make structural improvements.
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey. Keep up to date with:
- COVID-19 services update: nzta.govt.nz/COVID19
- Traffic updates: journeys.nzta.govt.nz/traffic
- Facebook Auckland: facebook.com/nztaakl
- Facebook Northland: facebook.com/nztanorthland
- Twitter: twitter.com/WakaKotahiAkNth
- Journey planner: journeys.nzta.govt.nz
- Phone: 0800 4 HIGHWAYS (0800 44 44 49)