Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Retail Sales Indicator - August 2000

Seasonally adjusted retail sales for August are estimated at $3,684 million according to Statistics New Zealand's Retail Sales Indicator. This early estimate of retail sales suggests growth of 1.5 per cent on the July result. August sales, excluding the motor vehicle sales and servicing storetypes, were $2,600 million, a seasonally adjusted increase of 0.7 per cent on the corresponding July total.

The Retail Sales Indicator is derived from early responses to Statistics New Zealand's monthly Retail Trade Survey. For August, responses contributed 77 per cent of the published value of the indicator. The other 23 per cent comprises sales estimates for retailers who had not responded by 20 September. These estimates are based on the sales of other similar sized retailers, in a similar activity and location.

Final retail sales statistics for August, including the usual detailed storetype analysis, will be released on Thursday 5 October. Releases of the Retail Sales Indicator will generally be at 3pm on the 21st day of the month following the reference period or on the next business day should the date fall on a weekend or public holiday.

Ian Ewing DEPUTY GOVERNMENT STATISTICIAN

END:

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 




Digitl: Bumper year ahead for NZ IT sector

Gartner says New Zealand spending on technology products and services will grow 7.4 percent this year. The company’s latest forecast says the market will total NZ$15.3 billion in 2022... More>>



Fonterra: Lifts Forecast Farmgate Milk Price Range

Fonterra Co-operative Group today lifted its 2021/22 forecast Farmgate Milk Price range to NZD $8.90 - $9.50 per kgMS, up from NZD $8.40 - $9.00 per kgMS. This increases the midpoint of the range, which farmers are paid off... More>>

Federated Farmers: NAIT Levy Increases Must Achieve Accurate, User-friendly System
Nobody welcomes extra costs but if OSPRI is to catch-up on under investment in the NAIT platform and deliver on its workability and farmer support, levy increases are probably necessary, Federated Farmers says... More>>



Skoltech: Study Probes Earth’s Turbulent Past To Explain Where Oceans Came From

The origin of water on our planet is a hot question: Water has immense implications for plate tectonics, climate, the origin of life on Earth, and potential habitability of other Earth-like planets. In a recent study in Physical Review Letters, a Skoltech professor and his Chinese colleagues suggest... More>>


Statistics: Household Net Worth Grows In The September 2021 Quarter But At A Slower Pace Compared To March 2021

Household net worth grew by $60.7 billion in the September 2021 quarter compared with the June 2021 quarter, Stats NZ said today. This represents an increase of 2.5 percent, a similar result to the June 2021 quarter, which was up $60.6 billion or 2.6 percent... More>>

TradeMe: Job Market Ends 2021 On A High With Record Number Of Vacancies
The New Zealand job market finished 2021 on a high note, with the ball still firmly in the job hunters’ court, according to the analysis of 69,600 vacancies listed on Trade Me Jobs for the quarter ending 31 December (Q4)... More>>