Micra’s ‘Best Dressed Express’ For Fashion Week
Nissan Micra’s ‘Best Dressed Express’ For Fashion Week
There will be a smart and cheeky little fleet of new Nissan Micras on the road during Air New Zealand Fashion week and they will be providing an exclusive personal chauffeur/ by ‘invitation only’ taxi service.
Branded Micra – the best dressed express, the unique service of eight cars will operate from 10am to 10pm throughout Auckland City.
Guaranteed to have one of the best music mixes in any car in Auckland, the project has been designed from top to toe by DJ Ange leading George FM personality and one of Auckland’s best DJs.
1. The entire fleet of Micra Best Dressed Expressed cars with the drivers, who have been transporting fashion writers from show to show throughout Air New Zealand Fashion Week.
2. The entire fleet of 'Micra Best Dressed Expressed' cars with the drivers, who have been transporting many fashion writers from show to show throughout Air New Zealand Fashion Week.
To ensure complete comfort for all guests as they travel around the city there will be plenty of treats on board to keep the strength from flagging and the instincts keen.
Guests will also get a chance to be surprised at what is tucked up in this small but impressive car.
Most notable is the keyless entry and ignition. As long as you have the ‘key’ to the Micra near the car, ie, in your pocket or handbag, all you have to do is press a button on the door to unlock it and you’re in – perfect if your hands are full and your keys are at the bottom of your bag.
Once you are in the car all you have to do is turn the keyless ignition and you’re away – so there is no need to ever get your keys out of your bag.
Available in a range of colours from Espresso and Onyx to Lavender and Midori for the exterior, and Terracotta and Sandstone interior, the Nissan Mirca is a stylish but unpretentious accessory for the fashion conscious.
At just over 3.5m long and 1.6m wide the Micra is the ideal car for getting about the city and maneuvering into tight parking spaces.
With a turning circle of just 8.8m, ABS brakes, side and curtain airbags, climate air and a four star rating in the European NCAP crash testing, the Micra is not only fun, stylish and convenient but also extremely safe.
John Manley, Managing Director of Nissan New Zealand says the Micra is the first car in 20 years to enter the mini car market from Nissan and that it really stands up against the competition.
“With the Micra we have a stylish and modern car appealing to younger city drivers, even those who are a little extrovert.”
Available in a 5 door hatch which comes with either a 1.2 or 1.4 litre engine the Micra is the perfect car for zipping around the city and the perfect mode of transport for NZ media for Air New Zealand Fashion Week.
Key features of the Nissan Micra
- 10 bright and
breezy colours: aztec red, lavender, crystal blue, citron,
apricot, midori, espresso, white diamond, platinum and
- Coloured bumpers and door handles.
- 5 door hatch comes with either a 1.2 litre motor and 5 speed manual gearbox or a 1.4 litre engine and four speed automatic transmission with lock up torque converter.
- The Micra 1.4 auto is $22 960, the Micra 1.2 manual is $19 960.
- Both engines are 16 valve, twin cam low emission units with multi point fuel injection and continuously variable valve timing and run on 91 octane unleaded petrol.
- The Micra has a completely new engine from Nissan. Better cooling, increased manifold length, the use of more reduced friction components and electronic throttle control have all contributed to the better fuel consumption, lower emissions and good performance and driveability.
- The Micra 1.2 weighs in at 900 kgs, while the 1.4 automatic is 50 kgs heavier.
- The Micra’s standard features are: CD player, tilt adjustable steering wheel, driver seat height adjustment, electric windows and mirrors, which fold away, large front door pockets, twin front airbags, front seat belt pretensioners and load limiters with height adjustment for the shoulder anchorage, child proof rear door locks, fuel tank roll over valve and impact absorption zones front and rear.