$5.62 Million ‘Under Hammer’ Result Shows Strength
$5.62 Million ‘Under Hammer’ Result Shows Strength of Harcourts Mana-Kapiti Auctions
The public increasingly recognising the advantages of the auction method for all property types has been key to consistent auction success according to Harcourts Mana-Kapiti-Horowhenua Principal and Auctioneer, Mick Robbers.
Their most recent auction event held Thursday 13 October saw 18 properties auctioned with one sold prior, 14 ‘under the hammer’ and the other three under negotiation. The total figure of $5.62 million achieved under the hammer included everything from a family home to a 19th Century villa, rural land, and beach cottages. Prices ranged from $163,000 to $950,000.
Mr Robbers said, “This latest auction with very strong bidding on all properties again demonstrates an insatiable demand for property in the Mana-Kapiti-Horowhenua district despite the ‘prophets of doom’.” He added, “We are currently managing the auction of between 10 and 20 properties every fortnight in our Paraparaumu auction rooms.” The properties in the 13 October auction included:
- Mahaki Rd, Nikau Valley,
Paraparaumu - 91 hectares of rolling hill country -
- Maui Pomare Rd, Nikau Valley, Paraparaumu - 7 hectares of gently sloping land - $400,000.
- Maui Pomare Rd, Nikau Valley, Paraparaumu - 4269m2 of land - $400,000.
- 54 Hadfield Rd, Waikanae – 3 hectares with rural and sea views - $370,000.
- 19 Horopito Rd, Waikanae - “Horopito Cottage” on 1313m2 - $350,000.
- 129 Tutere St, Waikanae Beach -100% pure beachfront four bedroom home - $950,000.
- 18 Major Durie Place, Waikanae - 887m2 section backs on to Waimanu Lagoon - $395,000.
- 28 Queens Drive, Waikanae – 1 bedroom bach on 819m2 close to beach - $163,000.
- 64 William Street, Waikanae - 1 bedroom open plan living bach on 817m2 - $193,500.
- 31 Hemara Street, Waikanae – 2 bedroom + sleepout beach cottage $340,250.
- 9 Lancaster Street, Levin – 3 bedroom house on 1189m2 section - $172,000.
- 50 Rua Ave, Waitarere Beach - 2 bedroom cottage across from the beach - $250,000.
- 119 Ratanui Rd, Otaihanga - “Bellevue” 5 bedroom villa on nearly 3 acres - $715,000.
- 21 Aberfeldy Street, Porirua - 5 bedroom home - $192,500.
The Harcourts Mana-Kapiti-Horowhenua group has offices in
Levin, Otaki, Waikanae, Paraparaumu, Raumati, Paremata,
Whitby, Lower Hutt and Khandallah.