Starbucks Taps Unisys to Provide IT Services
Starbucks Taps Unisys to Provide IT Services Supporting International Growth Strategy
Unisys Corporation today announced that Starbucks Corporation, the world’s leading specialty coffee company, has selected Unisys to provide information technology services supporting Starbucks aggressive global expansion.
As part of its sourcing strategy, Starbucks has turned to Unisys as its IT infrastructure services partner to simplify the deployment and management of standard IT infrastructure services used in international Starbucks retail stores, support centres, and manufacturing facilities. These services will deliver enhanced support to Starbucks as it expands its presence from over 3,600 to 20,000 stores in international markets.
“Our Global IT Infrastructure Programme delivers standard services to our international markets in support of Starbucks growth targets,” said Brian Crynes, chief information officer for Starbucks. “We chose Unisys based on our confidence in their global service delivery model that supports our growth requirements.”
Under the terms of the agreement, Unisys will support Starbucks operations in several countries including: retail stores, regional and district support centres, and manufacturing facilities. The broad range of IT management and infrastructure services includes the following:
- Service desk and help desk
services to manage service events and provide
- Data centre services, network and server monitoring and support
- Equipment procurement, configuration and maintenance, as well as asset tracking and installs, moves, adds, and changes (IMACs) for a wide range of devices
- Business continuity and recovery consulting services
- Global programme management to plan and implement the services and to coordinate service delivery.
In addition, Unisys will provide IT security services for Starbucks North American operations.