Kensington Swan Claims Large Law Firm of the Year
11 November 2006
Kensington Swan Claims Large Law Firm of the Year Award
Kensington Swan has won the Large Law Firm of the Year Award at the New Zealand Law Awards held last night in Auckland.
The awards, judged by consumers of legal services, recognise excellence in legal performance measured by assessing customer satisfaction, and were attended by all New Zealand’s major law firms.
Kensington Swan also won three of the eight Specialist Awards, including:
- Intellectual Property Law Award
- Jollands Callander Banking and Finance Law Award
- Blue Star Corporate and Commercial Law Award.
In addition, Kensington Swan was first runner up in four categories in the Specialist Awards section.
The awards were judged on qualitative information as to client’s perspectives and the intensity of their opinion on the candidates’ performance, in key areas of importance to clients. These factors included;
- Degree to which lawyers demonstrate commerciality of advice
- Service that is value for money
- Ability to achieve optimal outcomes for the client
- An understanding of the client’s business
- Industry or sector and calibre of the firm’s lawyers
- Expertise in specialist areas.
Kensington Swan Chairman Clayton Kimpton said “We were delighted to receive these awards; they are an endorsement of us by our clients and a credit to our people.
“The awards reflect the key strengths of our firm: the way we work with our clients, our technical expertise and our effectiveness in delivering advice and service.”