Australian acquisition paying off
Attention business editors
For immediate release
April 4, 2007
Australian acquisition paying off for Software of Excellence
It’s an area where some Kiwi companies strike trouble, but Dental software company Software of Excellences’ foray into the Australian market is proving to be an extremely successful exercise.
Since the company’s acquisition of Oasis Software in December 2005, its new unit sales in Australia have increased by 28%. For Oasis this has meant an 18% increase in unit sales from the previous year.
The company made its final payment for Oasis on February 28, 2007, with the vendors receiving a premium based on their success in achieving “stretch” profit and revenue targets. Vendor and Oasis founder and developer Noel Morley is continuing to work with the company as Head of Development.
Software of Excellence’s Asia
Pacific General Manager, Mike Engle says:
* “In the last calendar year we sold our software into more new sites, than any other year. With a total of over 1500 sites we are now the clear leader in the Australian market.
* “Factors behind our performance have been introducing more professionalism into our marketing programme, changing our re-seller channels and increasing the product support team and centralising this in Melbourne.
* “We now have standalone Oasis representatives and resellers in all states who are focused on selling and backed by an effective support team.
* “We are committed to keeping the Oasis brand and the Oasis software as a standalone product. We now have a dual product strategy in Australia with Oasis the mid-range product and Exact our high-end solution.
* “One significant development has been the rapid rise in the level of Exact sales. We think that is because we demonstrated we have a long-term commitment to the market and because of the fact that we are now a clear market leader. * “On the Oasis marketing side we have focused on our product innovation, our professionalism and the fact the product is tailored to the requirements of the Australian market. We now offer a future-proofed investment option for dentists.
* “As part of our marketing effort we have put greater effort into trade shows, increasing the size of our stand at the main Australian Dental Industry Association (ADIA) conference four-fold and having representation at some 12-15 smaller regional conferences each year.
* “A recent telephone survey of our customers found that some 95% of them thought that the Oasis product and service was as good as or better than that available from competitors.
* “We are also looking at introducing a number of enhancements to the Oasis product such as linking it to telephony systems.
* “We are also developing further presentation modules designed to help dentists take advantage of the growing trend towards cosmetic dentistry, as well as making changes that will speed up the installation process.”
* “Looking ahead, we expect the growth to continue, based on the strength of our offering and the number of customer conversions we are securing from smaller competitors.
* “We are also looking to expand our offering to our existing customer base through the sale of our open dental imaging software, EXAMINEPRO, and associated imaging hardware. This mirrors the approach which we are using in the UK.”