Microsoft Announces Changes To 2010 Partner Awards
Microsoft Announces Changes To 2010 Partner
AUCKLAND, New Zealand — 21 December, 2009 —
Microsoft New Zealand today announced a new condensed submission process and expanded categories for the 2010 Microsoft New Zealand Partner Awards.
These changes align the timing of the New Zealand awards with the larger Microsoft Worldwide Partner Awards, and give local award winners the opportunity to compete in the later worldwide competition. More award categories will provide the opportunity to recognise a greater number of its 3,500 local partners.
Brent Colbert, director, Partner Group at Microsoft, believes these changes will allow the awards to have a larger impact on the industry at large.
“The awards are designed to reward our partners for the great work they do all year long. We felt it was important to expand the awards scope this year as a chance to demonstrate and celebrate more of that high-calibre work produced by the industry.”
Magnetism Solutions Limited were the 2009 Microsoft Dynamics CRM Solution of the Year winners and Mark Smith says they plan to enter again for 2010.
“Our win at the 2009 awards was very exciting, and a big boost to staff morale. It’s fantastic that Microsoft recognises its partners this way. We look forward to seeing the impact these changes have on the awards and will definitely be entering again in 2010.”
The new submission process takes place over a shorter time period; all submissions must now be recieved by 31 May 2010. Judging will take place over the month of June and each category will be judged by a different four person panel, with the final awards ceremony slated for August 2010.
The awards categories will be split into four sub-categories, including:
• Application Platform Solution
• Enterprise Content Management Solution
• Portals & Collaboration (Includes Search)
• Unified Communications Solution
• Core Infrastructure Solution (Incls Optimised Desktop/Optimsied DataCentre)
• Dynamics CRM Solution
• Dynamics ERP Solution
• Small Business Solution
• Citizenship Solution
• Channel Person of the Year
• Partner Choice Award
• Distribution/Reseller of the Year
• Hardware/Retail Partner of the Year
• MSN NZ Advertising Partner of the Year
• Learning Solutions Partner of the Year
• Online Services Partner of the Year
• Partnering of the Year Award
• ISV Solution of the Year
• Platform Value Partner of the Year
• Business Impact Solution of the Year
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.